Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

2009 Pacific Northwest smart Event

201 posts in this topic

Cousins...10 000 kms, 8 nights in hotels (Montreal to BC and back), fuel, food, tires....I have to try and justify one smart day in Vangroovy a second time somehow.Suggestions guys? :drive: please!

Cousins...10 000 kms, 8 nights in hotels (Montreal to BC and back), fuel, food, tires....I have to try and justify one smart day in Vangroovy a second time somehow.Suggestions guys? :drive: please!

Get a quote from an auto freight forwarder - by car carrier or train - and ship the car; I've no clue what that costs, then fly out. Drive back. Or drive out/fly back. Or same both ways.No idea if the cost will be offset by saving wear and tear on the car and you, along with fewer days' hotels and meals and fuel. :dunno:Bil :sun::idea: Get hold of FastEddy. I'm sure he has experience shipping cars cross country. Edited by bilgladstone

Fly out, rent a car for a day, beat it up on the track, return it......simple!

Guys, I bet B would rather drive out but find some smart homes to crash in along the way.I shipped a car out to Ottawa from Vancouver way back in 2002 and it was something like $700 one way - it went by truck.Failing savings on accomodation, the idea of renting one here for the day after a flight sounds smart to me! :D

That's a long drive as you already know Blair.I would at least look into shipping the car, and arive fresh, maybe just drive it back only.My 2 cents anyway.

Budget on Marine Drive by Capilano Road in North Vancouver rented them. Try other locations such as the Airport (YVR) for pick-up and drop.

That's a long drive as you already know Blair.I would at least look into shipping the car, and arive fresh, maybe just drive it back only.My 2 cents anyway.

From direct experience: flying Montreal-Vancouver on Air Chaos hardly leaves one "fresh." :DFlew through YVR on the 3rd and 9th (last week-this Monday). I was exhausted before I even got back on the flight to Sydney... whirlwind tour, then repeat in reverse? I'm still not fresh! Edited by SameGuy

Yeah, us too... except we got bumped out of Business for all 4 flights from Toronto-Vancouver-Sydney and back!

LMAO too true...But we were treated well; you can tell when someone is unhappy with her company, but loves her job.

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5.Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10 Smartuneadded smartune to the list...

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10 SmartuneCoast Steve was getting too comfy with the "5" and it was bugging me. ;)

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10 Smartune11 Peter HCoast Steve was getting too comfy with the "5" and it was bugging me. ;)

I'm in as well, and might be able to put two more drivers and one more car.

:P I'm ready to beat everybody again!!!!!

Gent, do we have a target attendance required for this event to go forward? And do we know approximately what will be the cost each, at the target attendance?B :sun:

:P I'm ready to beat everybody again!!!!!

I want a rematch on the Da Vinci code rally ;)

Bil, it'll be similar to the last one in most respects - I'm just waiting to hear back from Jerry.

Mike,I'll give you the honour of a revanche!What if for 2010 (or before)we organize a rally around the Island. Kelowna, fraser Valley? 200 to 500 km?? min 20 cars?? One long day or full week end? Charity? Based on fuel efficiency/time? Only paved roads. :huh:

Mike,I'll give you the honour of a revanche!What if for 2010 (or before)we organize a rally around the Island. Kelowna, fraser Valley? 200 to 500 km?? min 20 cars?? One long day or full week end? Charity? Based on fuel efficiency/time? Only paved roads. :huh:

Hmm... in conjunction with the BC Targa! :idea: