Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

2009 Pacific Northwest smart Event

201 posts in this topic

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10 Smartune11 Peter H12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13.14.15.

Argh. Two without decimals. Now my head will explode.:D:P

Edited by SameGuy

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10 Smartune11 Peter H12.PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13.ChineseRider (Stanley)14.15.

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10. Smartune11. Peter H12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13. ChineseRider (Stanley)14.15.

Rally sounds like fun to me.Let me know what you have in mind.How about a cross border trip?Bob

Mike,I'll give you the honour of a revanche!What if for 2010 (or before)we organize a rally around the Island. Kelowna, fraser Valley? 200 to 500 km?? min 20 cars?? One long day or full week end? Charity? Based on fuel efficiency/time? Only paved roads. :huh:

I'd be interested in that too....maybe if the Targa BC happens in 2010, that would be the thing to do?

40 participants, at ~$162.50 each*

[*]830 start (registration/coffee/doughnuts)

[*]classroom for about 30 minutes, and

[*]then we go to the track and do some warmup exercises (slalom, braking, cornering), and

[*]then we do some orientation lapping to get the participants familiar with the track, and

[*]then we split the group in 2, 1 group to advanced classroom (cornering techniques, trail braking etc) while the other group is on the track. If 20 cars are on the track, there would be 4 instructors with 5 cars each. Instructor as passenger in the lead car of the 5 and coaching that driver, the other 4 follow the line. The other 3 instructors would do the same with their 5 people. Then after a few laps, instructor moves into another car etc etc.

[*]About 25 minutes or so, the 2 groups switch, and so on. The people get lots of seat time!

They do track days with all sorts of different clubs (BMW, Mustang, Audi, Subaru), so their guys have lots of experience. They also run the Mercedes Benz Driving Academy, which includes lots of track days across Canada http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=625

*The track hasn't finalized the price yet, so it might change a little.

THE LIST

1. Gent

2. Fast Eddy

3. Bil

4. Mike T

5. Coast Steve

6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)

7. SmartieUSA (Bob)

8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)

9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)

10. Smartune

11. Peter H

12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)

13. ChineseRider (Stanley)

Edited by Gent

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10. Smartune11. Peter H12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13. ChineseRider (Stanley)14.redsmartbrabus15.

THE LIST1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10. Smartune11. Peter H12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13. ChineseRider (Stanley)14. redsmartbrabus15. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok)

:o My name is not in the list, previous winners are not allowed???I will bring two cars, ganisa I, II and perhaps III.2010 - We can check if we can do the same track as BC targa (if all the roads are paved) and have our own category. Or during 2009 event we can plan a rally (even crossborder). Shouldn't be based on speed. Check points can be parking stubs, etc.

1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10. Smartune11. Peter H12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13. ChineseRider (Stanley)14. redsmartbrabus15. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok) 16. Ganisa 117. Ganisa 218.

Can we get this Event to become more visible? Flashing etc. Maybe at the home page, also so people in other provinces can easily sign up as they may not usually be reading the Western Canada pages.There are a lot of people that visit Club smart car but are not familiar with computers.

Hi guys,This is Jerry from Driving Unlimited. I thought that I would check the forum to see how we are doing to fill up the day. Let me tell you, this day will be a blast! What a unique opportunity to get your smart on a 1.5 mile road course, learn lots of skills, and learn a lot about the capablilties of your car. If you are planning on attending, please get yourself on the list. I know that Ian spends a lot of his time trying to get these events happening, and it makes his life a whole lot less stressful if the list fills up WAY before the date of the event. I hope to see some familiar faces from our event in Pitt Meadows, as well as a whole bunch of new faces. :D

I will attest to that, it was great! Come on folks!

How about a blinky/flashy on the entry page? Is an invitation posted to regional sub-forums? SCoA northwest regional sub-forums?B :sun:

That would be great! Would it be an idea to market the idea to other chapters of the smart club (the island, Washington state, Alberta even...) Also, we need to make sure that we are all telling our fellow club members about the day. What about seeing if smart Canada will help subsidize the day? Or even a MB dealership? Just a thought... :3tens:

1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10. Smartune11. Peter H12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13. ChineseRider (Stanley)14. redsmartbrabus15. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok) 16. Ganisa 117. Ganisa 218. BigCritterGent......I've added myself to the list. I was planning on bringing my wife, but she's not going to be able to get off work! :>( I....however....don't want to miss out again this year. Last year we decided to do "Joyce Fest" instead! THIS time, I don't want to miss it. Can you recommend someplace to stay Sunday & Monday night that is fairly close to the track?? Is the Ramada Inn Pitt Meadows pretty close?? Nice place??

Edited by bigcritter

Hmm. I haven't stayed anywhere out there, but I know a few people did do the research. Anyone?

If the meet is at Mission you might as well stay at Mission or Abbotsford. Pitt Meadows is a good half hour away from Mission. I have never stayed in any hotel out there.....

1. Gent2. Fast Eddy3. Bil4. Mike T5. Coast Steve6. I M Smrt (Sean)(Need to find out my schedule for August but interested!)7. SmartieUSA (Bob)8. SmartieUSA (Arlie)9. Snow_Dogs (Deb)10. Smartune11. Peter H12. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)13. ChineseRider (Stanley)14. redsmartbrabus15. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok) 16. Ganisa 117. Ganisa 218. BigCritter19. Micromachine (Todd)I have added Todd, Micromachine, as he is coming even if I have to tie him up and bring him myself.Ok mostly because I want him to come and he is interested.SmartieUSAAnd now a question.If I set up a slalom in BC before this event how many people would be interested in attending both?Send me a PM if you are interested or have opinions. Cost would be about $75.00 each for a day of practice.