Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gent

2009 Pacific Northwest smart Event

201 posts in this topic

I'm in!!!! I'll drive down afew days before the event.1. Fast Eddy2. Bil3. Micromachine (Todd)4. Coast Steve5. SmartieUSA (Bob)6. SmartieUSA (Arlie)6. Snow_Dogs (Deb)8. Smartune9. Peter H10. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)11. ChineseRider (Stanley)12. redsmartbrabus13. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok)14. Ganisa 115. Ganisa 216. BigCritter17. John K. (John K.)

Ian,

No problem I will take over the organizing for the event. You not having a car is no reason to drop out.

I am sure someone, myself included will let you thrash our cars.

Can we add your name back to the list?

List:

1. Fast Eddy

2. Bil

3. Micromachine (Todd)

4. Coast Steve

5. SmartieUSA (Bob)

6. SmartieUSA (Arlie)

6. Snow_Dogs (Deb)

8. Smartune

9. Peter H

10. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)

11. ChineseRider (Stanley)

12. redsmartbrabus

13. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok)

14. Ganisa 1

15. Ganisa 2

16. BigCritter

17. John K. (John K.)

[

And regarding the tech inspection issue for the Smarts it is not a problem.

Since this is a private event we will be renting the track and using our own rules.

The purpose of the event is a driving school format with the emphasis on open road driving.

For those worried this is not a a "race". We will be driving like we know what we are doing and

by the end of the day we will have a good idea of how to performance drive our Smart cars.

Much like you would do on the highways if that instructor were sitting next to you at speed.

Yes you will get some time for fast laps but not at the expense of safety or others in the group.

That being said I plan to find out what the Smart can do.

Well, crud. I won't have my smart at that time, and they won't let me bring the Porsche. I'm afraid I'm out!

I would like someone else to take over the management of this event for CsC. I'll provide the contact details to anyone interested. Step up!

/quote]

Edited by SmartieUSA

... by the end of the day we will have a good idea of how to performance drive our Smart cars.Much like you would do on the highways if that instructor were sitting next to you at speed ...

Nice to hear that. My feeling (tell me if I'm wrong) is that last year was all about quick manoeuvres in city traffic, and this year will be more about coping with highway speed.Nice progression...Bil :sun:

So much generousity, yes - please add me back to the list. You guys rock.List:1. Fast Eddy2. Bil3. Micromachine (Todd)4. Coast Steve5. SmartieUSA (Bob)6. SmartieUSA (Arlie)6. Snow_Dogs (Deb)8. Smartune9. Peter H10. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)11. ChineseRider (Stanley)12. redsmartbrabus13. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok)14. Ganisa 115. Ganisa 216. BigCritter17. John K. (John K.)18. Gent

Glad to see you're back in, Gent!

It seems to me that many smarties have spare or redundant smart car related bits and pieces "in the shed" - I know I do! - and I thought...

......... :idea: .... How about a Tailgate Swap Meet!

Throw your.. ahem... stuff in the boot and bring it along to this PNW event and we can have an informal swap-and-shop somewhere along the way.

........... Possible? What does everyone thinK?

Bil :sun:

Edited by bilgladstone

I think it's a good idea - adding dimensions to these events always helps. Which reminds me - we should look into the potluck thing again. That rocked last year.

Hmm... potluck... what was that about? I missed it!:sun:

Great idea. This will help with our show and shine group as well.

Would you be the organizer for the swap part?

Thank you bob

It seems to me that many smarties have spare or redundant smart car related bits and pieces "in the shed" - I know I do! - and I thought...

......... :idea: .... How about a Tailgate Swap Meet!

Throw your.. ahem... stuff in the boot and bring it along to this PNW event and we can have an informal swap-and-shop somewhere along the way.

........... Possible? What does everyone thinK?

Bil :sun:

I would be interested in the show'n'shine and potluck. It's a good opportunity to meet people on the forum.

Hmm... potluck... what was that about? I missed it!:sun:

Perhaps it wasn't a true potluck - several people brought food, drinks, tables, bbq etcetera for everyone though.

Count me in... List:1. Fast Eddy2. Bil3. Micromachine (Todd)4. Coast Steve5. SmartieUSA (Bob)6. SmartieUSA (Arlie)6. Snow_Dogs (Deb)8. Smartune9. Peter H10. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)11. ChineseRider (Stanley)12. redsmartbrabus13. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok)14. Ganisa 115. Ganisa 216. BigCritter17. John K. (John K.)18. Gent19. SmartBrabus0920.21.22.2324.25.26.27.28.29.30.31.32.33.34.35.36.37.38.39.40.Let's see the list fill up :). Don't invite the Porsche club guys, I am afraid they may slow us down :D

Edited by SmartBrabus09

Well folks it is time to kick this in high gear and get ready.I will now be posting to the other Smart forums so it will likely fill up fast.Other ideas in conjunction with the event are a show and shine and a swap meet.There will be a pot luck and a dinner the night before and an ad hoc dinner the night after the event.We could also split the time with some organized slalom (Autocross) on the track if that is desirable for the group.We have the track for the day so let me know your opinions of what else you would like to see.Please PM me if you have specific ideas or questions. Or my direct email is "bobf at oodg dot com"Get your rides tuned and ready for some fun times.Cheers,Bob (SmartieUSA)post-2358-1246209941_thumb.jpg

Our price is based on 40 drivers, and we don't even have 20.I guess the price will be much higher EH?

I'm staying on the list for now, but I sure would like to see us hit "40" drivers or real close to it so that the cost isn't so high! :>0

Well folks it is time to kick this in high gear and get ready.I will now be posting to the other Smart forums so it will likely fill up fast.Other ideas in conjunction with the event are a show and shine and a swap meet.There will be a pot luck and a dinner the night before and an ad hoc dinner the night after the event.We could also split the time with some organized slalom (Autocross) on the track if that is desirable for the group.We have the track for the day so let me know your opinions of what else you would like to see.Please PM me if you have specific ideas or questions. Or my direct email is "bobf at oodg dot com"Get your rides tuned and ready for some fun times.Cheers,Bob (SmartieUSA)post-2358-1246209941_thumb.jpg

Get your rides tuned alright....I'll be back down from the school. However, I'll be up for some lapping or timed slalom.

Get your rides tuned alright....I'll be back down from the school. However, I'll be up for some lapping or timed slalom.

yes let me know time and place it sounds like fun.

OK... now I'm wondering about the timing. If there's time at the track day to runs timed events, there would be time for a swap meet during that interval as well.So what is the actual training schedule, and durin g wjhat hours outside of that do we have access to the facility??

is the event a go have to book that day off soon at the office . any idea on the price ? :guitar::evo::hotrod:

I will post the full schedule this week.There will be time during the day for other events. Especially if we fill the roster with the full 40 cars.Bob

Count me in... List:1. Fast Eddy2. Bil3. Micromachine (Todd)4. Coast Steve5. SmartieUSA (Bob)6. SmartieUSA (Arlie)6. Snow_Dogs (Deb)8. Smartune9. Peter H10. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)11. ChineseRider (Stanley)12. redsmartbrabus13. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok)14. Ganisa 115. Ganisa 216. BigCritter17. John K. (John K.)18. Gent19. SmartBrabus0920. smart fortimo (Timo)21. 22.2324.25.26.27.28.29.30.31.32.33.34.35.36.37.38.39.40.Let's see the list fill up :). Don't invite the Porsche club guys, I am afraid they may slow us down :D

Edited by smart fortimo

how do I put my name on the list ?????

Good day.Start a new message and cut and paste the list, then add your name to the bottom, or quote the existing message, and add your name to the bottom.Have fun, and I wish I could attend the event.MG

Bad news, bad news, I don't know if I can make it now. :angry: I have a deadline of Aug 15 for this huge cabinet job I'm making for a client, then I need to supervise the install.It looks bad for me being able to make it, just really bad timing is what it is. :angry: You never know, but right now it just doesn't look good at all.I'm very disapointed.

Edited by Coast Steve

List:1. Fast Eddy2. Bil3. Micromachine (Todd)4. Coast Steve5. SmartieUSA (Bob)6. SmartieUSA (Arlie)6. Snow_Dogs (Deb)8. Smartune9. Peter H10. PAS-LTD (Jerdiss)11. ChineseRider (Stanley)12. redsmartbrabus13. For2 (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok)14. Ganisa 115. Ganisa 216. BigCritter17. John K. (John K.)18. Gent19. SmartBrabus0920. smart fortimo (Timo)21. valentine22.2324.25.26.27.28.29.30.31.32.33.34.35.36.37.38.39.40. :D