Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilgladstone

smart car parking only

15 posts in this topic

Visited Orchard Park Mall in Kelowna the other day and between Sears and Shopper's Drug Mart found two designated smart car parking spaces! They have pedestal signs similar to the handicapped zone signs but say, "Smart car parking only", with a silhouette image of a smart. Sweet!And the spaces are just a stone's throw from Chapter's book store, the only shop I patronize at the mall anyway. No need to bother anymore with renewing my handicap tag for 2009.Bil :sun:

Good news!Victoria has 24 spots ---- but we need to share ours with motorcycles. The meters give twice as much time for your coin. At Christmas time these spots are a Godsend when the rest of downtown is full.

When I bought my Smart in Kelowna last summer the salesman told me that the city of Kelowna allows Smarts to be parked dowtown for free! I think you had to get a sticker or something from city hall.

When I bought my Smart in Kelowna last summer the salesman told me that the city of Kelowna allows Smarts to be parked dowtown for free! I think you had to get a sticker or something from city hall.

Yes, I've had the ECO-PARK tag for three years. Free parking for smarts and hybrids in all municipal metered parking spaces. Coins? We don't need no steenking coins.:sun:

Here in Saskatoon, Sk there are many places on the streets,where smaller spaces that are marked 'no parking here to corner' or other places that would easily fit a Smart Car.The people and busineses are wanting to put more angle parking on some major downtown streets.Angle parking slows down the traffic flow too much, i think.While it may create more spots for parking( and produce more revenue from meters/tickets) i don,t think it's the way to go.Any coments/sugestions?

Went there again today to mail some stuff. There are two ultra-short spaces marked, "reserved for smart cars". In one was a smart. In the other was a honking big 4 door Mercedes that was twice as long and protruding about 4 ft. into the driving lane :banghead:B :sun:

Calgary has a really great parking system downtown that does away with individual meters and allows use of cellphones to register for a spot. You only pay for the exact time you use and ..Smarts park for 75% of full rate!I understand many other jurisdictions are buying this technolgy from the city so you may see it in other places soon.K.

Here in Saskatoon, Sk there are many places on the streets,where smaller spaces that are marked 'no parking here to corner' or other places that would easily fit a Smart Car.The people and busineses are wanting to put more angle parking on some major downtown streets.Angle parking slows down the traffic flow too much, i think.While it may create more spots for parking( and produce more revenue from meters/tickets) i don,t think it's the way to go.Any coments/sugestions?

Scooter club's been trying to get free parking for ages and our city hall just wants that revenue.

Ikea stores in Canada also have 2 "green" car parking spaces right up front :D

Attached is a photo of the Ikea signs in Burlington, Ontario _ same sign both sides of the post. That must be an early version of a hybrid vehicle currently occupying the spot.

post-6201-1235856820_thumb.jpg

Guess that's why we have never found them, some big hunkin thing was in them. Maybe there should be MORON spots for these guys. :rolleyes: thanks for the pic now we know where to lookKaren