Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scooter_the_clown

Uh Oh paint flaking

5 posts in this topic

I noticed a few specks of paint that have decided to leave my 2006 Smart Car. It is on the trideon cell where it meets the door. Probably about three or four pieces about half the size of a piece of unpopped popcorn.How is everyone else's paint job? I've spent three cold winters in BCs north (some weeks of -30c). Scooter

It's good; your powder coat must have been comprimised there by an impact or abrasion. Get some paint on it ASAP or you will have a nice little rust problem to deal with.

The only places that aren't still nicely painted on my girl, who lives in saskatchewan's winters, are where stones have impacted her. I touch up regularily. I wouldn't recommended the official smart paint because it's pricey and the stuff I got was too thick and old, and th ereplacement wasn't much better. Rather, go to a hobby shop for laquer based hobby paint in little bottles. You'll find the vast pallete good for matching up.

Nice to know that there are options! :) I have a couple of places on the exterior Tridion that need to be repainted. The shop that is doing the work for my insurance company wants to know if they can paint and bake the Tridion at about 140F to 160F. Will this harm the car in any way?

Nice to know that there are options! :) I have a 2005 Passion and there are a couple of places on the exterior Tridion that need to be repainted. The shop that is doing the work for my insurance company wants to know if they can paint and bake the Tridion at about 140F to 160F. Will this harm the car in any way? Also, how do they remove the windscreen fluid sprayer from the Tridion?