Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smrtwan

$5000 Smart

9 posts in this topic

Whats up with this?

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mk...mp;ADS=7518563|

Called the number (519 area code), not in service and no E-MAIL

If you look closely you'll see that its been painted and its sitting somewhere in Europe.

Also you can make out a website on the bumper;

http://www.autobauer.ch

Why would someone pay auto trader to do this?

Weird! :blink:

That second one definitely seems like a scam. A quick google of the number he provides reveals that it is the fax number specified for a car show that seems to have taken place at the Rogers Centre in Toronto. On Top Of That He Capitalizes Every Word In His Sentences And Doesn't Punctuate Which Distracts You From The Lack Of Facts In His Listing Such As Whether It is a pure, pulse, or passion. Also, the upper bit of the listing says it is a 2006, but his written part says it is a 2005.

Also, what colour is that car (I assume that is one of the cubic colours like Numeric Blue) as I have never seen that one before. Unless it's a wrap.

That smart was modified by G&K to comply to American standards and was intended for that market. It has been said that those modifications alone would be worth $7000.This car would be a STEAL for that price.Definately a weird posting on Auototrader!!!!

They want your hard earned money. You e-mail them and they say "oh the car is in europe, send me your money and i'll send you the car", basically. Not so overt but that's the idea.