Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest microcarmuseum

Micros In Madison 2009 -feature marque is Smart

7 posts in this topic

Posted Image

The Bruce Weiner Microcar Museum hosts MICROS IN MADISON over Memorial Day Weekend every other year.

The Museum holds the largest collection of Microcars in the World and it will be closed to the public during this event, but open to Registered Guests.

Expect over 400 people and 150 + cars of all sorts as this is the big Microcar Event of the year for Vintage Microcar Collectors and they will be bringing their own Microcars to the event.

Many of them will be driving around on the 1 mile long track that is on the property.

The featured Marque this year is SMART!

All smart owners are invited, special trophies will be given out in Smart-only classes.

There will be AT LEAST 2 variations of the smart there that most of you have not seen, including a smart crossblade.

The Event is NOT open to the General Public because it includes onsite meals.

It is $50 per person for the weekend. It is 2 full days of enthusiasts getting together and includes catered food onsite for Friday and Saturday, check the website for more information.

You MUST Register to attend this event. There is a limit as to how many cars and people we can handle on the property and once we reach that limit, registration will be closed.

It's nice to see SOME Americans are finally starting to embrace great small cars like the Smart car.I don't see one in the 'micro car musem' yet, however.I would love to see all the little cars in the museum in person some day.

There were a number of smart cars there two years ago. Most were from Canada with a few gray market smarts from the US. My wife and I had a blast. Realize a smart car is a limousine compared to the usual microcars there.There were several smarts in the museum including an original brabus and a crossblade.

I attended the Micros in Madison in 2007 and thought it was great!! An event not to be missed!In fact I am already registered for 2009 show. I also thought it would be an opportunity to enjoy a vacation in Georgia so I rented a lake front house 25 miles away at Lake Oconee from the w/e before the show.This will be a ''smart'' vacation because I would like to share the house with ''smarties''. Two other Csc members will be attending.Here's the deal on the house:I have a 6 bedroom house rented on Lake Oconee about 25 minutes away from the show. Those staying the 8 nights in the house will be given choice of room in order of signing. The cost would be us$400. Arrival Sat 16th May, depart Sun24th.Those staying the 3 nights for the show only- Thurs, Fri, Sat-May21,22,23 would pay $65/night- us$195 total. Priority would be given to those staying the 8 nights.House info:Located on a large waterfront lot with beautiful sunrise views. 3000 square feet heated square feet. Our home has six bedrooms and three baths. two bedrooms have a king size bed in each bedroom. There is a queen in one bedroom. One bedroom has a full-sized bed, one has two twins and a smaller bedroom has a twin bed. The great room has a stack stone wood burning fireplace and a 42" flat screen LCD television and DVD. The upstairs has hardwood floors throughout. We have a washer and dryer for your use. Four of the bedrooms have cable television. Two of these bedrooms include DVD. We have a large screened porch overlooking the lake with an outdoor dining table and a seating area. Off the screened porch is a deck with another dining table. On the downstairs level there is seating and tables for outdoor dining. A large swing overlooks the lake for your relaxation. The home has a maximum sized dock large enough to dock your boat and personal watercraft. The dock has a ladder for swimmers. Our home is located in a large open cove with main lake channel views. This cove is great for skiing and tubing. There is a great area off the shoreline for small children to swim. We have been told by avid fishermen who have rented our home it is the best fishing cove on the lake because it has an old road bed throughout the middle. Our dock is equipped with lights for night fishing. This is a great home for several families or friends to get together in one place to relax and escape. You'll be minutes from shopping, dining and golf.house rental amenitiesFree AT&T Wireless InternetWasher and Dryer42" HD LCD Flat Screen TVFully Equipped Kitchen With Dishwasher, Side-By-Side Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, Toaster, Microwave, Food Processor, Blender and MixerDownstairs kitchenette with dishwasher, stove, refrigerator and coffee makerFour bedrooms have cable TV's with two also having DVDGreat Room upstairsDen on lower levelAll linens are furnished.Upstairs level is all hardwoodLower level carpetedactivities and attractions in Lake Oconee Georgia.Shopping In Historical Madison and GreensboroBoat & Jet Ski Rentals at Local MarinasGolf Courses NearbyRestaurants Nearby ................................If interested send a pm for more details!

I don't see one in the 'micro car musem' yet, however.

as Rich noted below (or above?), there are a pair in the Collection, they are just not on the website.The collection primarily focuses on vintage microcars from post WWII to 1964 Edited by microcarmuseum

Posted (edited) · Report post

smart142, I know I am late, but did everyone have a good time? I live just a little north of Atlanta but was unable to attend this year. :(I believe I've recently met someone that stayed at the smart house. 24-42 on the SCoA forums. Really nice guy. I am already planning to do go to the 2010 USA national rally and have marked my calendar for the 2011 microcar show in Madison, GA.

Edited by briand

Oh ya! It was a super event! I hope to be there again in 2011.

Here's a link to a thread with lots of pictures...click here.