Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coast Steve

Finally!

50 posts in this topic

:clapping: CHRISTMAS in the spring! I'd better run into town tomorrow and visit my mailbox!

You better bring a chair and a book though Bil ,or you'll be standing around for a while,I just mailed it today, sorry.

Steve......From the second picture I thought your mod was the awesome "wooden fence and extension ladder" graphic painted on the side of the smart.One clean looking ride.Cheers

Glad you guy's approve!Blair, you don't miss a thing, it was a subliminal message I had placed in the pic to test you :P No, it's just a our wood gate, I finished it a while back.

post-3704-1240011949_thumb.jpg

You mean it is not that your car is outside and not wet from rain?! :lol: Sure be nice to see the sun again - we had a short spurt today.Cheers,Cameron

Thanks! SmartBrabus09,Let's see some pics of yours ;)

I only picked up my smart today... snapped a photo at the dealership :). Mine is a black brabus as too. I love it.

post-7147-1244773222_thumb.jpg

Great, thanks !be sure to post more pics of the inside and motor later if you can.I would like to drive a 451 one day, and see how if feels compared to my modified 450. ;)

I'll be there too (Mission that is) and you are more than welcome to try the Brabus... it may feel the same as any other 451 but they do say that the suspension is different and wheels are a bit bigger. I only bought BRABUS because of the looks! Speaking on Mission, we went there yesterday to watch drag racers... then at the start of the line I see a Yaris pulling up, so LOL was in order. Funny thing he ran 13.something seconds! Turns out he had a "liquid courage" bottle in the back. I bet a smart could have a good time with NOS too, if the engine doesn't blow LOL.

The only thing slowing down our smarts, is the s..l..o..w shifting transmission.I bet if this car had a regular transmission with a clutch peddle, the acceleration numbers from 0-60mph wuld be 6 seconds quicker for the( 450 cdi), and at least 5 seconds quicker for the new 451 gas model. These assumptions ,while maybe not accurate, are based on the one car having a 5-speed trans, and the other a 6-speed trans.

Edited by PrairieBoy

My guess would be 3 seconds on both, with power shifts......so they'd both still be "slow".

Yes, you are so right Mike...so very very right, it's sad really, but oh well they are still fun EH?.One time at mission years ago I ran my Rx2 for the hell of it, there was a VW Bug that smoked almost everyone, it sounded like a helicopter.12's or something,I got laughed at lining up against a big block camaro, I pulled a 14.01 and thought that was fast! ...I beat him.

Unless you lost about 1000lbs off the car - it would still be a tad under powered for drag racing - either that or add a couple hundred horsepower.The smart was not designed a race car - so clutch and shifter or not ain't going to make it something it isn't. On the plus side with no wheel spin we put every ounce of torque into the launch :lol::lol: Cheers,Cameron

Unless you lost about 1000lbs off the car - it would still be a tad under powered for drag racing - either that or add a couple hundred horsepower.Cheers,Cameron

Do the local drag strips still do bracket racing? The smart can be very consistent (and slow doesn't really matter)MG