Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fred J

New Summer Fuel Derby - FuelDerby@clubsmartcar.ca

46 posts in this topic

FuelDerby@clubsmartcar.ca

By request we will be running the Fuel Derby through the summer, stating today. Everyone is invited to join in.

For new comers, the idea is to just have a little fun by tracking our individual fuel economy mileages.

The scorekeeper can be bribed, but it would hardly be worthwhile as there are no winners, no losers and no toasters for prizes.

The rules are simple, - - - there are no rules.

To start just email your odometer reading from your last fill-up or if you don?t have it, next time you FILL your tank send the odometer reading.

At subsequent fill ups email the odometer reading (or kms. traveled) along with the liters purchased.

Everyone is starting from square one, with no carry over from the previous derby.

We will run it from today until Labor Day with results posted on the 1st and 16th of the month.

Good luck to everyone.

Fred. FuelDerby@clubsmartcar.ca

Hi Fred, if we post our fuel mileage results on www.spritmonitor.de do we still have to email you the results? :idea:

cheers, Mark

Yippie!! When my car comes, I'll start. Hmm, I guess I'm at a disadvantage since my car hasn't been broken in yet :cry:

Thank you, Fred! :race:

I've received word that s_mack will be entering his remapped smart in the derby. For those who may not know, this is the 50 HP remap from RTCS out of Calgary. This will be interesting to all who have been following the remapping discussions. If anyone else who has a remap hiding in the wings, or knows of one, perhaps we could get it entered as well.

Yep - I'm in. Thanks for running the derby again Fred! The last one was quite fun... too bad it had to end under such unfortunate circumstances.

- Steve

I can say today that I'm winning this one today.

(Drove the Saturn VUE into work as I need to pick up a dog crate). ;)

You didn't think you were going to have all this fun without me :lookaround: ....... I can provide information as required but at what date would you like me to start Fred

I can provide information as required but at what date would you like me to start Fred

Uh oh... good to have you participating mixed.

Fred posted on May 31st, so I think it's fair to say that June 1st is the start date.

when I get my smart in late June or early July should I enter the derby, or would it be better to wait until the next one?

Bud

Bud and any other members who may not have their car yet, by all means join in when it arrives.

Most owners like to put miles on their new cars, so you may have a few extra fill-ups which is good.

As previously mentioned, we will run this one until Labour Day and if members want, we can do a Fall/Winter one after a short break.

Fred.

yes many miles will be tracked, due to the fact that I have to travel over 50 K to work (one way) out of town every work day plus all the other driveing. my work cars get a lot of mileage in in a year.

I also have been led to believe that new car mileage is naturally poor and only improves over time and break-in.

Bud

yes many miles will be tracked, due to the fact that I have to travel over 50 K to work (one way) out of town every work day plus all the other driveing. my work cars get a lot of mileage in in a year.

I also have been led to believe that new car mileage is naturally poor and only improves over time and break-in.

Bud

50 k to work one way .... I wish ...... try 110 k one way, I have to have my Timmy's before I go to far otherwise its a long drive...

Bud

50 k to work one way .... I wish ...... try 110 k one way, I have to have my Timmy's before I go to far otherwise its a long drive...

50 is plenty enough for me. do you get paid for your travel? I get 11.5 cents per k.

Bud

I don't get paid for my travel from home to my base office (65k one way). However, any trips for business beyond my office are reimbursed at 35 cents per km. I make a killing when I travel with the smart. If I make a few decent trips (which is typical) I easily pay my $100-$120 monthly fuel bill.

I am the same as mattdaddy, daily to and from is not covered, but on the occasions that I do get to go out of the office, reimbursment is $ 0.42 per km ............. so with a vehicle operating cost currently hovering around $0.035 per km I can rake in about $38.50 per 100........ which covers my fuel for a week thereabouts

you must both be public servants.

Nope, private sector IT. Think geckos and flying pigs.

Got me on that one?

Edit: I think I know of what you speek...... Telus?

Bud

...will you still pull results off spritmonitor.de?

I receive $0.42 per km, but I probably only turn in 150 kms per month. Still... that's half my fuel bill.

Private sector.

...will you still pull results off spritmonitor.de?

time is drawing near

I can get anyone's off Sprintmonitor if you just email your URL for your Sprint posting.

Mike - I have yours and am getting your numbers.

Cut-off will be on the 15th and results posted on 16th.

All others please email your mileage and litres.

Thanks for your help.

Fred

Mine is in my signature at the bottom of every post the 3.6 thingy button, anyone who has gone to spritmonitor is starting to do this, if you would still like me to email numbers I will.......

I can't imagine Fred wants to take the time to look everyone's numbers up :) If there's 10 of us, then that's 10 times the work - if we each do our own, its one times the work :)

He can save each persons page as a favorite with their name on it and get the data very quickly...

In fact, we could program a webpage to display all of them automtically. Hmm... maybe I'll do that right now... I could at least dump everyone's onto a forum page.