Fred J

New Summer Fuel Derby - FuelDerby@clubsmartcar.ca

46 posts in this topic

enthusiast42: Posted Image

mized: Posted Image

Mike T: Posted Image

mattdaddy: Posted Image

shung: Posted Image

This isn't it of course, this is crap, but you get the idea...

Derby standings to June 15, 2005

Mixed 3.29 L/100 86.34 MPG

s mack 3.54 L/100 80.31 MPG

Mike T 3.58 L/100 79.41 MPG

Enthusiast42 3.73 L/100 76.27 MPG

EddieEE 3.88 L/100 73.32 MPG

Adrian 4.00 L/100 71.06 MPG

Doozy 4.02 L/100 70.74 MPG

Mattdaddy 4.10 L/100 69.33 MPG

Sketch 4.55 L/100 62.33 MPG

Spinner 4.57 L/100 62.20 MPG

Dilysi 5.88 L/100 48.36 MPG

Trivia ?

We have 2 remapped cars in the derby.

Adrian runs a Flying Tiger (Fast Eddy) 60 H.P. remap.

s mack runs a RCTS 50 H.P. remap.

?600 Club? members ?

s mack 607 kms. 20.32 Liters

For those not familiar with the 600 Club, it evolved out of novelty challenge between a few members to try to go in excess of 600 kms. on a single tank of fuel. It is not recommended that anyone try this if it puts you in danger of running out of fuel. Please do not risk running empty.

Individual mileages driven range from

551 kms. by Sketch to 3109 kms. by Enthusiast42.

Total driven by entrants ? 16371 kms.

Average driven ? 1489 kms.

Thanks to everyone participating.

Next results will be posted July 1st.

Happy motoring.

Fred.

Ah, 3.58 L/100 km, such a fond old memory! The car is up to 4.0 now. LOL

3.95 to be exact..... (sounds better!)

smart cdi vs Prius?

That would be very unique and I am sure many here would be interested in the results. How about it Duck? :D

As I write this post, I am in Edson, AB. Friday, I will venture out for Mont Nebo, SK and finish the night in Birch Hills. Saturday should see me through Wadena and possibly Yorkton, and then back westwards, possibly towards Calgary.I'm in the 451. I left Prince George today and managed a 3.9 between PG and McBride. I look to be doing roughly 4.0 between McBride through Jasper to Edson, with heavy winds at times. I am running the car utterly stock, except I actually have larger size wheels/tires (175/195)... and a full compliment of camping gear.I spoke with Eddie Eddie Eddie tonight, and was proposing we have a 451 vs Ford Fiesta run this weekend, but alas, he's unavailable. But, we may do a run in September when I bring out the canada1 for one final trip of the year. I can't make it to St Johns this year, but I do want to get to SK at least.So, I'm not sure what to expect from the 451. This is my first real attempt at anything close to 4.0 in the car... I'm sorta hoping I can get a 3.6 with it, and tomorrow or Saturday, we'll find out! The car really would do a lot better with a 6th gear... but I digress... let's see what it can do.Feel free to post some links to the best mileage a North American 451 has done... I've never looked this up. I assume some cleanmpg folks have tried to set some reasonably good numbers??

Leaving Edson by nine AM at the latest.You can reach me at ’six oh four, six three six, twenty-one eighty’... I've got several Scangauge II with me, as well as the new Scangauge 'E'...

973 kms PG to Lloyd on 39.16 L4.02That includes the RockiesHeading for Wadena 10 minutes

Wadena to Tisdale was showing as a 3.4, and then I pushed on to Melfort, but winds weren't favourable, and I ended up with 3.6 roughly....That concludes this round, but I know the car can do probably 3.0 to 3.1 with the OEM low rolling resistance Conti's in 155/175 versus the 175/195 Vredesteins I currently have on. And likely 3.7 in overall long distance driving.Better than you expected?

Offering an engraved commemorative toaster might get things going.....

Saw this but didn't realise it was being suggested again, may be why not much interest people were unsure if it was just and old thread being brought up for general interest. I would have been interested in particpating.