Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Speedie

May 30th - the Second Annual Burger Run

47 posts in this topic

We promise not to give ya' the slip. 9:20 at the Safeway for you 49'ersRemember we have to stop at the Nanaimo Lakes area for the hobby show for a few minutes too so that should put us in Port Alberni around 11:30 or soCheers,Cameron

Forgot to mention - Prizes!!!! - yep since it has been so long since the last run I have a horde collected up. :):):):):) Cheers,Cameron

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ack, we can't go....I knew there was something....very important, my son's grad party/dinner takes place on the 30th.

Edited by Mike T

He will get over it - builds character LOL - :lol: Yeah that is a fair excuse then - is anyone else joining up in Ladysmith? If so let us know otherwise we will just honk on the way through.Cheers,Cameron

Okay - now everyone remember - no eating from now until the weekend - got to make room for the J&L special!So can we get confirmation of who is meeting where:8:30 Costco - Victoria - Speedie (Cameron& Gerri), For2 - (Muriel, Calvin & Tuvok), Serenitie 9:20 (we always gab too much at Costco) Duncan - Snow_Dogs ( Deb & Bill) 10:00 - 10:30 -Jonanco Club House - White Rapids and Nanaimo Lakes Road - any Nanaimo People?11:15 - Coombs Country Store in Coombs - Molly - (Elaine & Marllee)11:45 - Coombs Country Candy in Port Alberni (as confussing as that is) - Henry - (Karen & Alan), BCoop We can discuss options like going for a little boot around PA over lunch! Weather is supposed to be great!If anyone is catching up with us other than what is listed please let me know so we wait for you/ look for you.Cheers,Cameron

I will not be at Coombs Country Store in Coombs at 11:15 butI will be at Coombs Country Candy Store in Port Alberni at 11:45 with Henry and bcoop. So don't stop for me in Coombs.Elaine

Okay so isney on the stop at Coombs proper - not sure on racing the steam train - it will probably win! Probably be a few folks into the gallery thing - so let's put that on the agenda!Cheers,Cameron

I guess I had better wash the car - all the ethusiasm and such! Of course we need to do another run to Cow Bay for Buffet too - I will check with the social coordinator and see what July is looking like - and of course we owe the Northern Spotted Marmots a trip up to Campbell River - hmmm - there is a rock show there on the 13th ant 14th.... like we need an excuse...Cheers,Cameron

One more sleep! :P I emailed Ahtsik Native Art Gallery and they are open Saturday - 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.And in tonight's paper .... ta dah! J&L May Special, Deluxe Burger, $3.39Barbara

:thumbsup_still: Oh the slow days of summer, NOT. Wash and wax and buff and shine and vaccume and dust, all to go out to a drive in. I will have to bring two cars Henry will be to clean to eat in!Sorry to say my wife can't make it, but my daughter will fill in. We have to race off to the ferry shortly after lunch though, as we have a grad dinner in Surrey. I won't be hungry yet but will force myself.Alan Edited by Henry

Car washed - checkCar vacuumed - checkPrizes ready - checkWalkie Talkies - check Spare walkie Talkies - checkNew transmission - checkNew front brakes - checkCheck List - checkCamera - checkFun- you better believe it - check! :manygrins2: See you all at the designated rendezvous points! Hope you have saved up some calories for J&L!Cheers,Cameron

Have fun; I will be doing graduation prep work and driving all day.

It was good to see y'all at the "Great Second Annual J&L Burger Run"My photos aren't great, but MolLee adds pizazz to any picture!

post-1434-1243787319_thumb.jpg

post-1434-1243787621_thumb.jpg

Love the picture with the 'flower power' smart in the background!

Edited by PrairieBoy

Are you coming for the J&L Annual Burger Run? I want to pass on my Marmot mascot to a member in good standing!There is a new winery too, right on the highway. I bought a bottle of blueberry port today. :P Please note - all Island Marmots: If an elderly lady driving a blue Toy Yaris toots "Hello" at you - it's me! :)

Our activities (Gerri and Myself) have been curtailed due to busy times - but we are about due for a run - I will see what can be arranged.Cheers,Cameron