Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve C.

Yay or Nay ?

21 posts in this topic

i took a roll of pinstriping tape from cdn. tire for 5 bux, and because my wee car is black on black, i did something to try and make it stand out a little from other b on b smarts. i dont know if i'll keep it on or not. help me decide, please...post-143-1241590778_thumb.jpg

Sorry, cousin... :no: Just not professional-looking. But keep trying. Maybe photosghop a few alternatives first before free-handing it.

The fun thing about these cars is you can make them all your own and so what if everybody has a different opinion yours is the only one that counts, if you like it it is totally you. get it?I personally don't like the smart from Britain that has fur in the colour of nemo glued all over it but the owner loves it so who are we to tell you it's not to your style.Just my opinion of course.Karen :rolleyes:

The fun thing about these cars is you can make them all your own and so what if everybody has a different opinion yours is the only one that counts, if you like it it is totally you. get it?I personally don't like the smart from Britain that has fur in the colour of nemo glued all over it but the owner loves it so who are we to tell you it's not to your style.Just my opinion of course.Karen :rolleyes:

I agree. You are the person living with the smartie so if you like it, that's what matters

Sorry,too reminiscent of the Starsky and Hutch Torino for my liking......

i quite liked how it looked when i saw it on sunday, but that picture doesn't do it justice. in person it is very shiny; in the picture, it looks too much like white rope tieing up a black leather clad submissive.personally, i'd have picked different corner points for the pin striping. but the above comment shows just how unreliable my judgement can be... i think i'd probably pick:at the bottom of the wheel well (the horizontal line where the arc meets the sill) instead of the mid pointbelow the door handle so that there isn't a gap in the linemaybe to the bottom of the rear lights so that it doesn't have that sticky-outy bit.actually i'd probably outline the tridion, look at it again, call my self an idiot, peel it all off, then do the above. jp

Do what you want with your car, but would I do this to mine? No.

Sorry! Doesn't do it for me either.Has anyone considered installing the stripes/numbers availablefrom the dealers( for the new 451) and trying them on the 450 CDI? This might look good on your black car!

Suggestion: follow the car's character line with the tape (if you have any left). But don't buy any more!

Why not? With a little more tape he could make it look like EVH's FrankenStrat!

Posted Image

Another nay, sorry. The lines are to straight for a car with so many curves. Love the intake and clear slices. I am told my car looks like a shoe maybe try a Nike swoosh. If I can find some of that tape, only wider, I think I will try and fill in the smart indent on the door sills.Have fun, thats what these cars are all about.Alan

I gotta agree, it doesn't work. The goofy thing is it almost works, as though were the same stripes laid elsehow, it would look wonderful. the suggestion to play in photoshop is a very good one. Then you could map out lines that look good. Something about this screams "old guy in the backyard."

"old guy in the backyard."HEY! I resemble that remark! :senile:Bil :sun:

My opinion*...

Do something that follows the styling lines of the car,

or

Do something completely random, a 'scratch black alike' with random lines all over the place. Something like this

Posted Image

*Its your car, if you like it, keep it and stuff what everybody else thinks :) .

Hey yeah, watch that "old guy in the backyard" remark or Bill and I will come looking for you...