Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

July 7th Dinner in Grand Bend

46 posts in this topic

Ok folks! The next Tuesday night dinner is going to be at the Aux Sables Inn! 236 Ontario Street South, Grand Bend.

Our chef is delighted at the opportunity to see so many smarts in one place!

I'll need to know how many people are coming so the chef can prepare. I'll also need to know a price range that people are comfortable with so we can create a CsC Menu. In talking with the Restaurant Manager today, he said he'd love to make up a menu with a few choices of appetizers, entrees, deserts etc. all for a special price.

What time would be best for everyone? I'm thinking dinner at 7pm to give everyone time to get to town. Also, if you've never seen the sun setting over Lake Huron you won't want to miss this opportunity!

Who's in?

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:

1. Cait

Ok folks! The next Tuesday night dinner is going to be at the Aux Sables Inn! 236 Ontario Street South, Grand Bend.

Our chef is delighted at the opportunity to see so many smarts in one place!

I'll need to know how many people are coming so the chef can prepare. I'll also need to know a price range that people are comfortable with so we can create a CsC Menu. In talking with the Restaurant Manager today, he said he'd love to make up a menu with a few choices of appetizers, entrees, deserts etc. all for a special price.

What time would be best for everyone? I'm thinking dinner at 7pm to give everyone time to get to town. Also, if you've never seen the sun setting over Lake Huron you won't want to miss this opportunity!

Who's in?

1. Cait

2.Elaine & John

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy) 4. William

.....if I start driving now, I might make it by the 7th... :D Happy eating! Dang

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy) 4. William 5. James ( I really will make this one!!) B)

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)

1. Cait

2. Elaine & John

3. Bill (smartnhappy)

4. William

5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif

6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)

"yep! It can, but you'd need to reserve/i would need to know how many people so I can reserve it all for ya :)

if you're a big group like that, I could see about getting a special menu with a fixed price? or does everyone prefer to pick and choose? I know I'd rather pick and choose lol... but I'm picky" :P

Could you please post menu items as well as pricing? Thanks in advance.

Our menu is under construction, but I think by the end of the day tomorrow we are seding it off to get printed, so I will post it as soon as I can!Also, if anyone would like a room for the night, or any other time during the summer email me at caitlin@auxsablesinn.ca. make sure to say that you're from CsC in the email so I know who you are :Dyou can visit our temporary website at grandbend.com/auxsablesinn and in the future at auxsablesinn.ca**Fun fact! Our chef, Brendan Pizzati, has been requested by name from the olympics to cook for the 2010 games in vancouver! Tres exciting!

Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for *drum roll* The MENU! (Applause)Keep in mind we're still kinda working on the menu so it might not be perfectly arranged on the pages, but its got the foods we're going to serve :) The prices aren't confirmed yet because we still have to check out the food costs at different suppliers; however, this gives you a pretty good idea. Also! The CsC discount is 20% off, but I'll try to push it to 25% (perks of being the owner's daughter ;) )

Aux_Sables_Inn_CsC_menu.doc

The renovations are coming along nicely!! And I'm super excited about our new dishes - they're SQUARE!The official opening of the restaurant is June 27th so I'll get some pictures up soon so you can see the finished product! We're still working hard trying to get everything ready for the big day :)Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7.8.9.10.

Will be a lot of fun :P Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7.John & Diane8.9.10.

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9.10.

Exciting! It's only 3 weeks away!Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9.10.

Exciting! It's only 3 weeks away!Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9.10.Hi Everyone,If Cait spoils us all really well on the 7th, we'll have to do this again on a Friday night. Tune and Test night is every Friday evening at the Grand Bend Motorplex which is only a couple of K's right behind Cait's place.It would make for some good photo ops and it would be nice to have the pink slip to see who really has the "FASTEST SMART"Who's in for "Drag Night" sometime? 1. James 2. 3.

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10.

Guess i could make it out sometime, would love to compare my #'s to other smarts see if the Insect killer is actually faster,

Who's in for "Drag Night" sometime?1. James2. William3. Rob

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob

Wow! Looks like it's going to be a great turn out! Tonight is the opening night of the restaurant - here's hoping everything goes well! I'm excited to have everyone come and see our progress :)Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob11.12.13.14.15.

Posted Image

Wow! Looks like it's going to be a great turn out! Tonight is the opening night of the restaurant - here's hoping everything goes well! I'm excited to have everyone come and see our progress :)

1. Cait

2. Elaine & John

3. Bill (smartnhappy)

4. William

5. James ( I really will make this one!!) :cool02:

6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)

7. John & Diane

8. Carol & Don

9. Glenn & Liz

10. Rob

11. Rod & Luke :cap:

Edited by SMRT ROD

Wow! Looks like it's going to be a great turn out! Tonight is the opening night of the restaurant - here's hoping everything goes well! I'm excited to have everyone come and see our progress smile.gifTuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) cool02.gif6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF) (Staying at the Inn)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob11. Rod & Luke cap.gif12.13.14.15.