Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

July 7th Dinner in Grand Bend

46 posts in this topic

Hope that the restaurant opening went well! We are just back from travel to the East Coast (not in the smart, however we did see several, and I rode in one). We are looking forward to seeing folks. AlbertaTuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) :cool02:6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob11. Rod & Luke :cap: 12. Alberta & Cliff :D 13.14.15.

Wow! The list just keeps on growing! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon :)Motel rooms 100 plus tax for the night, suites are 160 plus tax... just in case you drink a little too much wine ;)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Wow! The list just keeps on growing! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon :)Motel rooms 100 plus tax for the night, suites are 160 plus tax... just in case you drink a little too much wine ;)

We are not necessarily planning to drink too much, but have arranged to stay the night. Edited by SMRTENUF

Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!) 6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob11. Rod & Luke 12. Alberta & Cliff 13. Smartings (Terry & Phyllis)14.15.

I figured it was about time i started meeting some of the fellow smarties, been snoozing off the forum for a while, i hope it's not too late to sign up....cait?Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!)6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob11. Rod & Luke12. Alberta & Cliff13. Smartings (Terry & Phyllis)14. Mike (sub_stance)15.

:D Today is the day!From London it's super easy to get here. Take Richmond for a while, turn left onto Mount Carmel Drive, then turn right onto HWY 81. When you get to the lights at main street turn left. About 1.5 kms down the street on the left you'll find the Aux Sables Inn.Diesel is available at Shell which is about 5kms north on HWY 21. There is a car wash about .5km south on the right.Everyone is welcome to park at the motel during the day if you're planning to go to the beach or explore the Bend, but I probably won't be around until shortly before dinner (I'm a busy girl!)And I just got a call from someone wanting a room an hour from now... so looks like I'm staying up pretty late! I hope i'll get to sleep before dinner tonight!Can't wait :)

Weather looks perfect:Today Sunny with cloudy periods. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h late this morning. High 23. UV index 8 or very high. Environment Canada

sorry about the late notice Cait but we have to cancel for tonight.Tuesday July 7th, 7pm dinner at the Aux Sables Inn:1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!)6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob11. Rod & Luke12. Alberta & Cliff13. Mike (sub_stance)14.15.

1. Cait2. Elaine & John3. Bill (smartnhappy)4. William5. James ( I really will make this one!!)6. Joyce and John (SMARTER and SMARTENUF)7. John & Diane8. Carol & Don9. Glenn & Liz10. Rob11. Rod & Luke12. Alberta & Cliff13. Mike (sub_stance)14.Dave & Lu

Sorry but we will not be able to make it afterall. Out of town visitors coming by tonight.Dave & Lu

No sweat about the cancellations! we'll catch ya next time

Thanks to all who came out! The cars looked great parked around the half circle! Post pictures if you've got em :)

A big thanks to Cait for hoisting a wonderfull evening enjoying some superb food. All round excellence! Good luck this summer with the business!

post-35-1247047526_thumb.jpg

post-35-1247047555_thumb.jpg

post-35-1247047577_thumb.jpg

post-35-1247047591_thumb.jpg

post-35-1247047605_thumb.jpg

Hi Cait and Staff,I was down for a tour of the Aux Saubles about five weeks ago and the renovation's are incredible that have been done in that short time.!The "steak" was very tasty.GREAT to see everyone and meet a few of the new smartians.See everyone again in a couple of weeks @ Glenn's.James

The food and company were very good. I look forward to desserting/dining there again and hopefully racing some smart cars afterwords. I have no smart photos but I do have some of the beach.post-5864-1247094891_thumb.jpgpost-5864-1247094932_thumb.jpgpost-5864-1247094966_thumb.jpgpost-5864-1247094992_thumb.jpg

I made it home with about 1 litre left in reserve B) , the greatest distance I have travelled in my car to date on a single tank. 650 km using 23.06 litres of fuel.

Hi, we enjoyed the evening, too. Thanks, Cait, for arranging it and the special discount. The food was top notch, particularly the creme brule. You and your family have obviously done a lot of work. We wish you lots of success. :doublethumb: It was about 11:40 pm by the time we got home which must be just about a record for staying out late at these events. I've enjoyed seeing others photos, and I'll include some of mine: We'll look forward to seeing folks again later in the month.---- Alberta

great pictures everyone!!I'm glad you all enjoyed the food and the company :)Hope to see you at Glenn's bbq!

it was great meeting all of you guys, too bad that we didn't get to do the tour or hit the beach, based on Huronlad's pics, it was beautiful...here are my pics

post-6569-1247249558_thumb.jpg

post-6569-1247249566_thumb.jpg

post-6569-1247249579_thumb.jpg