Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gauchorojo

SOLD: 2006 smart Brabus Trim, cdi, US registered!

11 posts in this topic

ATTENTION Fellow US residents:

2006 smart fortwo Pulse, Brabus-trim, Cabriolet CDI, VIN WMEAK00F26J261640

This is a private sale, by an owner and non-professional seller. I am, however, a smart and MB enthusiast-owner, and am very confident of what I say about this awesome and unique Brabus smart car.

Vehicle is legally registered, tagged, titled, and inspected in Mississippi.

Engine: OM660 Mercedes Benz TURBO Diesel 799cc Common-rail Direct Injection (CDI) (Not the Mitsubishi gasoline engine, with no turbo, and less fuel efficiency that is in the 451 US version)

Transmission: Mercedes Benz Six-speed, Fully automatic/manual w/sport Paddle Shifters (Not the five-speed in the 451 US version) It can be driven in either fully-automatic mode, or in clutchless-manual mode using the stick shift or the steering wheel mounted paddles.

Power convertible roof, with rear windscreen attachment: It can be opened or closed on the go at any speed.

Brand-new Conti all-season tyres on Jetline alloy wheels.

Set of four Winter tyres on smart steel wheels, used during the only one Winter the car was driven in.

Approximately 60k kilometers (About 37k miles)

Tridion Safety Cell (roll cage), Driver and passenger front and side air bags.

Anti Theft Immobilizer System, Anti Theft micro-etching of all glass and most panels.

Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Program (ESP); Brake Assist System (BAS), Integrated Seat Belt Tensioner and Force Limiter system

Air Conditioning Plus system, w/Exterior Temperature Indicator and Frost Warning.

Smart bicycle Rack, installed, holds two bikes. It can be installed or removed in less than ten minutes.

All Brabus kits and modifications: Leather seats and interior leather trim, pedals, gearknob, handbrake, armrest, carbon instrument trim set, doorpulls, floormats, dashboard plaque, Front grille, front spoiler, side skirts, Air intake cover and fuel tank door, Brabus stickers and decals on side of windows and rear panel.

Swivel Clock and RPM Counter, Power windows, locks, steering, and brakes, LED interior lighting, underseat storage drawer.

Brabus subwoofer with Premium Sound Package AM/FM/CD stereo, and IPod/MP3 jack.

Ashtray (unused), Cup holder, Soft trunk storage cover, Power Windows, and Locks, Air compressor and tire slime can. Engine block heater and chord.

All smart Technical Service Bulletins completed. Complete Maintenance Records/Invoices up to date and included. Remote control keys (2), Complete owners manual pouch. All Mobil1 synthetic fluids used and dealer maintained.

VEHICLE HISTORY: This vehicle started its life in Quebec, Canada, where $27,401.37 Cdn where paid for it. Original invoice is available. It was then extensively modified with Brabus kits to make it a most unique and fun to drive specimen. Over $4500.00 Cdn were spent on the kits alone, without adding in the Mercedes dealership labor to install them, or shipping costs. (I forgot to add the cost of all the LEATHER, over $1k more!!) (See www.xe.com for currency conversions) The prices of all the kits, and modifications mentioned above can be seen at independent supplier sites, like www.flyingtiger.ca and www.smartieparts.com, but some they were even more expensive from the MB dealership.

I have personally driven smart cars for about three years, and logged about 60k miles, averaging 68mpg. I obtained as little as 48mpg, the first month I owned my first, and as much as 75.3mpg, driving with fuel efficiency and little else in mind. Five tank fulls have been over 70mpg, but most of the time I get in the mid-60's, keeping my speed at 60-65 mph.

Everything works perfectly and is in as-new condition, no leaks whatsoever. It has had only one owner. It was driven on the highway primarily. The Winter tyres were used during the only one Winter the car was driven in.

It is now legally registered, tagged, titled and inspected in Mississippi. It has a clear title.

NOTE: Vehicle still has Canadian smart-Mercedes Benz full warranty until July 2010 or 80000km. smart USA will NOT honor this warranty in the USA.

CAUTION: I understand not all 50 US states will allow the registration of this specific vehicle. The easiest way to find out is to call your local motor vehicle registration office and give them the VIN listed above, asking them to check against their computer records to see if they have any restrictions on this specific car. Please, do not call me until making sure of this all important requirement!!!!

A bunch more photos can be viewed at www.eBay.com , on Item number: 120431765453

U$D 18,500. Please contact me directly via email at redgaucho@yahoo.com, if you'd like additional information.

post-3379-1244728987_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244728903_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729046_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729077_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729107_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729125_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729146_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729186_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729213_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729246_thumb.jpgpost-3379-1244729262_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much for looking!

Congrats on the sale!! :D Can you tell me where you got the armrest from? I've been searching high and low

Congrats. Leather seats yet no seat heaters? That is a bit strange!

What a fantastic, low-mileage car! Congrats on finding a home for it!Mike - weren't the first ones to come over still optional at that point? And then they made leather + heat standard?-Iain

Mike - weren't the first ones to come over still optional at that point? And then they made leather + heat standard?

Leather and heaters were aways joint options (you couldn't have leather without heaters though you could have heaters without leather) so these seats must have aftermarket leather on them. The only exception to the heated leather rule was for the BRABUS nightrun, which for some unfathomable reason came with bluegrey leather/Alcantara seating but no heaters from the factory. Show stopper for me! Edited by Mike T

You could get the Smart seats in leather with or without heaters from Smart dealers in europe.

I was referring to the seat covers. If they weren't original, they could have be added on but OEM Smart. Sidedpockets also.

Edited by SCHMART