MadDog

High Pressure Pump Problems

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,Just got my smarty out of 3 Point motors in Victoria after its 60,000 B service and was told my high pressure pump is weeping. There are no fuel stains where I park at work or at home so I am wondering if anyone has an idea of how serious this might be? The replacement pump is $1400 + labour it will likley top $2000. :angry: Thanks for any help :)

That is a pretty skimpy generic discription from the tech/service guy.It could have been like that for the last 30,000 kms and you would never have known. I'd toss it into the "if its not broken, don't fix it" file.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Assuming your car is out of warranty on time alone.......because 60K km is not all that much.....you could buy one of these pumps in Germany at a smart dealer for about 550 Euros, call it $850, or this one for 350 Euros, call it $550.

Edited by Mike T

Yes, weeping suggests a minuscule leak. But be sure to check the underside of the intake manifold because I had a pin-prick leak in an injector seal, the spray from which, under ful pressure, eroded a hole right through the wall of the manifold!Best,B :sun:

I see a Bosch available in the UK for under $600 CAD

Has anyone looked at aftermarket fuel pumps?

fuel-injection-pump-high-pressure-pump