Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest hanson

spare tire

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a spare tire froma 450 . I have a 2008 451 and live in Chicago il. home of pot holes and construction . why they did not offer a doughnut spare tire I will never know. not all of us can waste hours waiting to get a new tire if you have a blow out . also need a fron fender driver side in black someone took a key to it . my e-mail is 300zxz32@sbcglobal.net thanks

Hi. The 450 didn't come with a spare either. Some folk by a whole set of winter tires and rims and carry one of the fronts around as a spare.Alan

an excellent idea is to use a 450 front spare (145 profile) with a proper 451 front steelie, fits well behind the driver seat, that is what I use

You can get a skinny front rim (3.5 inches wide instead of 4) and put a 50 MPH temporary spare on it. The dealer in Victoria BC Canada had 50 of them a couple of years ago, maybe send them an email which you could find on the following website: TPM

Posted (edited) · Report post

What would the recommended spare wheel size be if you are running upgraded 16" or 17" rims? Would a winter tire on a 15" rim work as a spare?

Edited by brd