Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest spainsmart

hi everybody from spain

22 posts in this topic

hello

i?m tony from spain,first sorry for my english ...

me and my wife buy a pure 50 cv two weeks ago,the car is from 1203 and the odometer says 6400 km and fully

warranty from mercedes benz.my wife was in-love with this car but... :diablo:

but we take the first problem,and maybe one BIG problem, the engine was out. white smoke from engine (only

2km far away from smart center uffff) the car goes to the smart center and say us maybe the engine is out.

tha car have all levels ok. and we drive very carefully.

this is no money problem (fully warranty,mercedes says no problem they put it on a new engine)this is "faith" problem,i think too low mileage to give us this problem...

and the car is no "rent car" o "ex demo car",the first owner was a middle age woman and says us they have no one problem with the car.the seller to us is the smart center.

our confidence was broken with the smart ?what do you think about this? ?can i hope reliability from the car?

the smart forums in spain it?s no many people...in uk. i found a good forum,and a BIG forum it?s in gemany

but the problem for my is the language.

this canadian forum is a surprise to me,think is very complete.

thank you

Welcome to the forum! No worries about the language as your post was easy to read!

Please let us know what happens with your new smart!

Sean

Hi Tony. Sorry to hear about the car. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing serious, or, if it is serious that it gets properly fixed.

What part of Spain are you from? I have family there in a little town called Jalon near Valencia.

And as Sean said, your English is very good. Muy bueno! :D

Que bueno de te veo aqui!

So that engine is a gasoline engine, correct?

599 cm3 or 698 cm3?

The build date would appear to indicate that it's a 698 cm3 engine.

The 599 has a reputation for trouble - low compression in one cylinder.

Canada only receives the 799 cm3 Diesel engine, which seems to be very reliable.

Best of luck with the car.

hi againi?m from the north of spain (asturias-gijon) the "green spain" .i think the model you have in canada (cdi) is much more reliable,look this:http://www.forosmart.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=327my model is a 698 cc gasoline,if mercedes put in a new engine we will see :dominate: maybe the future of smart stay in canada and usa,here in europe says if the car don?t like therecould be disappear this models.here in spain a new gasoline engine it?s about 3000? in the smart center (killing the "economy" of the car)but it?s possible take a "recon" engine from 600 to 900?,if the engine run about 80000km :beerchug: maybe more assumeible...bye

?Como estas amigo? Yo vivo en Florida, pero mis padres son de Barcelona, y mantengo doble-nacionalidad. Alquil? un ForTwo en Barcelona el a?o pasado via Europcar, y fue amor en primera vista.

hola

gracias por hablar espa?ol,es sorprendente por estas latitudes. MKT ?no te vas a comprar un smart? je je

sorry to all people don?t speak spanish,but it?s nice in a north american forum speak my language

regards

MKT ?no te vas a comprar un smart? je je

no se vender en EE.UU... estoy considerando importar uno de Mexico, pero con lo que demora modificar el smart mexicano para uso estadounidense, ya habra el smart americano. Prefiero esperar... o imigrar a Canada. jeje

hola

???que rapido eres mkt!!! si te lo compras no creo que te arrepientas,supongo que lo que me paso a mi

es una excepcion.lo que si te puedo decir de estos coches es lo que gustan a las mujeres,mi mujer ya no

ve la hora de que nos lo reparen...

saludos

:headhurts:

And they say Americans only speak one language... and not well

I speak multiple tongues... and none of them very well :dance::lol:

I'll give a quickie translation:

me:

?Como estas amigo? Yo vivo en Florida, pero mis padres son de Barcelona, y mantengo doble-nacionalidad. Alquil? un ForTwo en Barcelona el a?o pasado via Europcar, y fue amor en primera vista.

How are ya bud. I live in Florida, but my parents are from Barcelona, and I have dual-nationality. I rented a ForTwo in Barcelona last year through Europcar, and it was love at first site.

spainsmart:

hola

gracias por hablar espa?ol,es sorprendente por estas latitudes. MKT ?no te vas a comprar un smart? je je

Hi.

Thanks for speaking spanish. It's surprising in these latitudes. MKT, aren't you going to buy a smart? hehe.

meL

no se vender en EE.UU... estoy considerando importar uno de Mexico, pero con lo que demora modificar el smart mexicano para uso estadounidense, ya habra el smart americano. Prefiero esperar... o imigrar a Canada. jeje

They aren't sold in the US. I'm considering importing one from Mexico, but with the delays and redtape in modifying a mexican smat for US roads, the fortwo will have been released. I'd rather wait... or immigrate to Canada. hehe

ARTZ: headache

spainsmart:

hola

???que rapido eres mkt!!! si te lo compras no creo que te arrepientas,supongo que lo que me paso a mi

es una excepcion.lo que si te puedo decir de estos coches es lo que gustan a las mujeres,mi mujer ya no

ve la hora de que nos lo reparen...

saludos

Hi.

You're quick mkt!! If you buy it, you won't regret it. I suppose what happened to me was an exception. What I can tell you is that ladies dig these car. My girlcan't wait to see the hour when ours is fixed.

Cheers.

:dominate:

hi

don?t you like spanish language artz? he he...may be interesting for you know it,for me is very very important

the english language.

and remember the big influence have the spanish people in all american continent,maybe not in canada but

from usa to argentina...

regards

I speak multiple tongues... and none of them very well

I speak multiple languages as well, such as ASP.NET, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, COBOL, Power Builder...... oh by the way did I mention that I am a computer geek. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Hey, I am a Canadian and I can honestly say that I speak very little French. I wish I could speak more languages but, I don't. One of the girls that I went to University with is from the islands of the Azores (off the coast of Spain/Portugal I think) and she could speak 5 or 6 different languages. When she called her parents, she talked so fast that I think she was just saying one very long word. :lol2:

I speak multiple languages as well, such as ASP.NET, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, COBOL, Power Builder...... oh by the way did I mention that I am a computer geek. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

those are the languages one needs to know to succeed nowadays :biglaugh:

Hey, I am a Canadian and I can honestly say that I speak very little French. I wish I could speak more languages but, I don't. One of the girls that I went to University with is from the islands of the Azores (off the coast of Spain/Portugal I think) and she could speak 5 or 6 different languages. When she called her parents, she talked so fast that I think she was just saying one very long word. :lol2:

I'm American, and English was actually the fourth language I learned. I had to work hard to lose my Antonio Banderas accent. I was speaking Catalan first when I was with my parents, then Spanish when I started going to school, then French when I would visit my relatives in Perpignan, FR for the summer, THEN English when my family moved back to the mainland US. I barely spoke any English until I was 11

And then when I moved to Orlando and discovered every other person here is a Brazilian immigrant, now I have to learn Portugese :help:

... then French when I would visit my relatives in Perpignan...

Mmmm, Canet-Plage, I love that area. Nice beaches! We were _almost_ there a few weeks back, in Montpellier...

... then French when I would visit my relatives in Perpignan...

Mmmm, Canet-Plage, I love that area. Nice beaches! We were _almost_ there a few weeks back, in Montpellier...

Most of my relatives in Perpignan are immigrants to Catalunya Nord from when Franco was still in power in Spain. I like the Beaches there as well, but my loyalties go for my Barcelona Tourist Trap Hellhole Lloret del Mar :lookaround:

I generally speak the English language around my house, and Spanish with the majority of my family. I soon will have to learn to speak American, as my girlfriends dad is a Southern Baptist minister from Tennessee and I have to go to meet her family next month.

Perhaps I'll go to Beale Street in Memphis.

my loyalties go for my Barcelona Tourist Trap Hellhole Lloret del Mar :lookaround:

We used to go to Caldetas (just south of Arenys de Mar) at the Titus Hotel every easter break from 1960-63 and again from 1969-71....

The area was a little quieter then.

Last time I stayed at the Titus was 1980. Drove by it in 1988, it still looked the same...

Franco was a nasty SOB - I never felt safe in Spain back then, still don't in fact.

Franco was a nasty SOB

yes he was. That's why my family ended up in the states under political asylum. They snuck into France illegally and went straight to the US, British, Australian, and Canadian embassies in Paris. The US was the first one to offer them political asylum, so off they went. Within 5 years, most of my family had left Spain for greener pastures.

I never felt safe in Spain back then, still don't in fact.

I still don't, which is pretty sad, since I feel perfectly safe in Florida, and we have so much more crime here than in Spain.

Hola Spainsmart, siento mucho lo que le ha pasado a tu coche y la verdad es que me sorprende... te habr?n hecho v?lida ya la garant?a, as? que supongo que finalmente eres YA el feliz propietario de un Smart.

Te dejo la direcci?n de un foro mexicano de smart, tal vez encuentres algo que te interese www.smartclub.com.mx

Saludos desde M?xico