Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huronlad

Outsmarting the Dragon September event

94 posts in this topic

Weee!43 Days, 00 Hours, 57 Minutes, 21 Seconds Until Dragon-Time.Reservations to-date: 84 (151 People, 86 smarts)

We should hit a hundred cars no problem, now how many over a hundred can we get? 200 People at the event would be very cool.

So We missed the MicroTel and are booked in at the San-Ran for Friday and Saturday nights. Just have to work out the mid-point stops now. We're palnning a round about route to see new sights. According to Google Map it'll be 1839 km going down (I87,I88,I81) and 1814km coming back(I75,I71,I90,I81). That's almost 1/2 a service interval!Thank God for cruise control!

as of right now im doing i75 there and back, just trying to sort out getting some tires before i leave, as the ones im rolling on now are bald, and the new goop on the road really makes the car whip around

I will be heading out early Thursday to South Bend Indiana then off to Bardstown Kentucky for the night. Leaving Friday morning to be in Robbinsville by 3 pm. I will likely take all I-75 home on Sunday, may or may not stop somewhere part way Sunday evening.

Hey everyone,It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I'm really interested in this event. I'll know soon if I can swing it or not.I don't check back here too often, but I'll come back in a bit to see whats going on.I have a Vinyl company so i may be able to make some club smart car stickers for the Canadians who are going to to this eventadios amigosSteven

A YouTube video posted by the organizer of the event, hopefully it will entice a few more people to sign up.

The Florida Group is running a Caravan through Atlanta. 15 Cars from Florida and a few more from Georgia and South Carolina. It's about 600 miles each way for most of us. I am hoping for over 100 as well. Hope all the Canadians can come. It will be fun.

Edited by psimison

Getting closer; hoping to meet up with any cars coming down I-75. Planned meeting point is the Florence Mall in Kentucky, just up the big hill from Cincinnati: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=florence%20%...l=en&tab=wl

Still working on times to hook up with cassini75 coming through the Dayton, Ohio portion of I-75.

so how many canadians are attending this so far?My buddy and I are planning to attend, but its 14 hours away and we can't book friday off work. It'll be a long overnight drive haha

I was watching a TV show about crashes and they showed a Sport Bike crash on that highway....it seems that two motorcyclists die on that bit of road annually. Take care everyone!

Edited by Mike T

We did the Dragon last year and the smarts handle the curves very well. If you guys do just the limit as they tell you there is no worries. If anything having so many take on the dragon at once may slow you down quite a bit.The leaves shouldn't be falling yet making it slippery so unless it is raining it should be quite a site. I'm sure a lot of pics will be taken. We had a record of 17 last year taken of us from killboy I think. and no we weren't stopped or going supper slow past the photograph guys.Have fun wish we could join you.Karen

Things change and life s****! We are now unable to make this great event. I'm going to be so jealous at the end of the month. I'll try to be philisophical however and be resigned to missing the best trip of the year. Come Canadians sign up and visit south of the border. The countryside down there is great and the evet sounds like the one of a lifetime.2seat

There are almost 100 Smarts signed up so far. Biggest event until Kansas City next summer. We could use a few more (make that a lot more) Canadians. It's a great run and lots of fun. Dave Schembri of Smart USA and Smartimes Magazine will be there. Killboy.com is doing lots of photos. I'm covering the Florida Group Caravan and trying to do a billboard. Canadian license plates would add to the texture of the event. Come on down. You'll like it.

Just an FYI.... the 9/1 deadline was JUST for the tee shirt orders. Registration is welcome even at the Microtel registration on Saturday AM. We are still hoping for over a 100.

Dinner reservation deadline is 9/14 and enjoying dinner with Gary Schembri, smartUSA president;

Keep checking out the website for updates and count. http://digitalgreenman.com/totd.html

Appears our guest from Montreal can't make it...we look forward to meeting ALL of you. :D