Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Huronlad

Outsmarting the Dragon September event

94 posts in this topic

:spot: Yup!!! The stars lined up right and I was somehow able to get the time off work, so I am now able to make the trek to the dragon!!I was also able to book a room thanks to a tip from Huronlad :thanx: It will be fun to meet up with the american smarties! Looking forward to the event!!

A few of us might have to impose on Glenn Friday or Saturday night for a bonfire. Rumour has it there are fire pits and free firewood to be had there.

I think you might be it from Canada Rob. Glenn and I will already be in the south. James was talking about heading down Thursday afternoon, stopping part way for the night. He may be interested in meeting up with you and the OH group. He was a little concerned about not having CDI support in the US, traveling in a group might make him feel more at ease.I was hoping a few of us would convoy on the way back.

Well, I got confirmation today that I will still be up here, in Iqaluit, on Friday and therefore won't be going down to North Carolina with Canadian gang. :(:cry: I'm green with envy at those of you who will. I hope you have a great time and take lots of pictures. And I still feel it's unfair that I can't go. It is MY tail after all. RATS!!!

Cursing now as today is when we had intended to set out to get there for Friday night.Bummer but good luck to all those who are going and remember to keep the shiney side up!

Just to make everyone that couldn't come a little jealous, here is cassini75 going back down The Dragon (towards Robbinsville)

Posted Image

From the big parking lot at the top of the Tail of the Dragon. My back is to all of the Smarts that parked here, looking out at the lake.

Posted Image

Excellent photos Brian.Returned to Canada (Sarnia) at 11pm, got in to Seaforth at 12:25am.I hope everyone's return trip was scenic, but not unwantedly exciting.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos!I had an uneventfull ret'n trip and arrived home at 2330.Had a great time and met some wonderfull people! Just wish I had more time to talk to everyone :D