Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwight

1st Annual SMART Car Nationals-The Place to Be is in KC

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Kansas City, Kansas June 11th, 12th, and 13th of 2010 * Come get a taste of KC with your fellow smart car owners * Local tours and events * Local BBQ * SMART car product sales, service, and installs will be availableMore information to come soon; stay tuned...Even though this will be held in the US and the title includes the word "Nationals" any and all Canadian smart owners are more than welcome. More info as it becomes available. :D

Edited by jwight

I'd love to but it's too far away for me. Have fun!

If you can promise that the event is catered by Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ, I may just make the 18 hour drive... :DKC is one of the nicest (and cleanest) cities I've visited in the US, with vibrant night life and incredibly good food. It's a pity this event is on the same weekend as the Montreal F1 race, as I'll likely be there instead.

If you can promise that the event is catered by Fiorella's Jack Stack BBQ, I may just make the 18 hour drive... :DKC is one of the nicest (and cleanest) cities I've visited in the US, with vibrant night life and incredibly good food. It's a pity this event is on the same weekend as the Montreal F1 race, as I'll likely be there instead.

I noticed that as well; it's a tough choice as I've always wanted to go to the Canadian GP. However, I'll be in KC - hopefully the hotel has Speed TV.

Ist SMART Nationals map

As you sign up for the Nationals in Kansas City, please place a marker on the map so we can tell where everyone is coming from. Thanks!

I'd love to make to this event but it depends on how much I get gouged with the divorce I'm going through right now.

Ist SMART Nationals mapAs you sign up for the Nationals in Kansas City, please place a marker on the map so we can tell where everyone is coming from. Thanks!

I'd love to make to this event but it depends on how much I get gouged with the divorce I'm going through right now.

Been there, done that. Hope it works out for you and we'll see you in KC. :)

I would love to go to ths one too.Dawn and I had such a good time in Robbinsville last Sept.Can't commit @ this time but definitely planning to work it into the schedule for next season.James

I would love to go to ths one too.Dawn and I had such a good time in Robbinsville last Sept.Can't commit @ this time but definitely planning to work it into the schedule for next season.James

Hope you both can make it - great meeting you at the Dragon and we need to see some CDI cars in KC! :)

We are seriously thinking about it too. Jake is still on the fence. Our Tardis would have to be cleaned up a bit too.I am debating about taking some embroidered club shirts, spare tire covers, etc.sounds like a lot of fun.Karen

Saw your post on the registration site; your roads should be thawed out by June. :)

I am now registered for the event. Who else is coming from Canada?

................I'm seriously considering it and will register before month end to get the discount

A January Update:

North American smart Cars is up and running on registrations for the Nationals in KC with over 50 smart cars and 75 total people registered already. We are seeing particularly good response from our friends in Canada and from the upper Midwest of the USA.

We have secured 100 limited edition dash plaques for the event which will be provided to the 1st 100 cars registered so sign up today at our web-site at North American Smart Cars

We have received confirmation that smart USA remains committed to the event and Jill L as well as Roger Penske are planning to attend and speak at the special Brunch on Sunday of the event.

In addition smart USA will be helping us promote the event with a full marketing plan to be rolled out at the end of the month.

Promotional posters are being finalized at this time, event t-shirt designs are complete and will be posted for purchase soon, caterers are under contract for the BBQ and the Brunch and additional informal gatherings are being planned for each evening at the host hotel.

Plans for regional caravans in to KC are in the works as well.

We are ready to go! The only thing missing is you! Sign up today for the 1st smart car Nationals and what will be the largest gathering of smart cars anywhere in North America!

Your event coordinators thank you for your support. :)

Email confirmation for registrations has now been sent out. If you have registered for the nationals and didn't receive an email please contact us at info@northamericansmartcars.org.

Thanks!

Nationals Early Registration ends soon!!!!!

Attention: The early signing discount for the smart car Nationals expires at midnight Eastern time on Jan 31st. Register today to get your early registration discount!

Register at our website North American Smart Cars or go to the Nationals Sticky for all of the details.

We currently have registrations from 20 US States and 2 Canadian Provinces. We have vendors committing to being there and Official smart USA marketing of the event will be kicking in at the end of the month.

There are still a few spots open for the limited edition Dash Plaques which will be given to the first 100 cars registered on the North American Smart Car site.

We have expanded registration payments to include PayPal or Money Orders and have instituted a partial refund in case of your need to cancel a registration.

Edited by jwight

First Annual Smart Car Nationals Coming Soon!

CarBuyersNoteBook

By Steve Anderson

Save the date now, smart car fans–June 11th through the 13th will be the annual Smart Car Nationals in Kansas City.

Included in the festivities will be several driving tours around Kansas City, led by various smart car owners, a two-day charity car wash, vendor booths, and of course, it wouldn’t be a Kansas City experience without some of that good old fashioned Kansas City barbecue. Or some of that legendary Kansas City steak–there’ll be a cruise-in at a local steakhouse, and discounts will be offered for those attending.

Of course, after seeing the Ford Think in action yesterday, it might be a good idea for smart car owners planning to attend the affair to leave by, oh, May to insure they get there on time.

All kidding aside, it looks like it should be a lot of fun for smart car owners and anyone who’s interested in them. You can register for the event at the group’s web site, www.northamericansmartcars.org.

Source.

I have not posted in a long time but glad to report that we have 5+ Smarts from Winnipeg heading to the Nationals. As a matter of interest we have no fewer than 3 Limited Edition Smarts going....1 Nightrun 450, 1 Limited Three Special Edition 451 Cabriolet (my 2nd Smart plus Trailer...see Avatar) and a rare Brabus 10th Anniversary 451 Coupe (#2 of 10 built) so we hope to show them all off come June. By th way....it is St. Patricks day and our Snow is almost all gone, weather is way above average, Convertibles are out as are Motorcycles and Golfers are champing at the bit. It was warmer in Winnipeg than some parts of Texas this Winter so we greet you from the Great non-white North...LOL1 :lol: See you in June Regards Don C

Edited by Donniedark