Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cassini75

2 stroke oil

11 posts in this topic

been reading that 2 stroke oil is a good cheap additive for diesels, not as great as 2% bio-diesel, but Bio isn't available around here, so im stuck with additives,

in that graph they run 2 stroke at a ratio of 200:1, but from the reading everyone is running about 128:1, 1oz per Gallon, and its comparable to opti-lube as for wear

i was running Milligans for a bit, and will be back on it now till its gone,(was using up some other stuff first) but i didnt see any effect unless i ran 40+ml

this is all seat of the pants dyno, but i can definately tell a difference if i dont run it, ie times in between shifts are faster

so has anyone tried, or have any info of using hte stuff for our cars?

heres a graph from another site

Posted Image

I use Milli's and I agree with a mix rate closer to 40ml as more effective. More than that is redundant and a waste of product and your money.

Milligan’s Diesel Fuel Conditioner benefits:

[*]Renewable and environmentally friendly

[*]Improves lubricity

[*]Up to a 10% increase in fuel economy

[*]Reduces friction caused by Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel

[*]Up to a 40 % reduction in engine wear

[*]Cleans injectors

[*]Improves starting

[*]Reduces smoke and emissions

[*]Milligan Bio-Tech Quality Guarantee

[*]SAFE for DPF's and WINTER use

Posted Image

Wow, 2 stroke injection oil in a diesel, who would have thought.I would be a little concerned about fouling up spray injectors or something though.

Yeah, CDIs are persnickety little beasties. Neighbour had an ML320 BT for a few days that has been at the shop since the spring. Blown engine. As in: blowed up real good (piston through the head, etc.). MBC finally determined that the owner had been using some form of diesel additive, which MBC officially denounces.

Yeah, CDIs are persnickety little beasties. Neighbour had an ML320 BT for a few days that has been at the shop since the spring. Blown engine. As in: blowed up real good (piston through the head, etc.). MBC finally determined that the owner had been using some form of diesel additive, which MBC officially denounces.

That's why I like the Milli's. MBUSA approves biodiesel up to 5% concentration. And Milligan's (a concentrated and specially processed biodiesel product) is used in concentrations as low as 0.1% "Safe as houses."

But Bil, isn't that stuff quite pricey?

MSRP is $16.95 for a 1L bottle. 1 litre of Diesel Fuel Conditioner treats 1000 litres of diesel fuel at the recommended mix rate. It goes a long way...The problem is not the product cost. It's the shipping. They don't have many distributors outside the Prairies. And don't seem much interested in expanding.They'll never be competitive if you buy a litre for $17, when you have to add $12 shipping! Even case quantities make the price prohibitive (believe me, I know!) I gave this "the old college try" as a sideline but they - like too many manufacturers - just refuse to build any reasonable kind of discount structure so distributors can make a buck.Oops... sorry about the rant!Um... so yes, it's expensive unless you live in Saskatchewan.

husky truck stop near London sell it at ~$17/L there they also carry the gallon and little 250ml? sizes

MSRP is $16.95 for a 1L bottle. 1 litre of Diesel Fuel Conditioner treats 1000 litres of diesel fuel at the recommended mix rate. It goes a long way...The problem is not the product cost. It's the shipping. They don't have many distributors outside the Prairies. And don't seem much interested in expanding.They'll never be competitive if you buy a litre for $17, when you have to add $12 shipping! Even case quantities make the price prohibitive (believe me, I know!) I gave this "the old college try" as a sideline but they - like too many manufacturers - just refuse to build any reasonable kind of discount structure so distributors can make a buck.Oops... sorry about the rant!Um... so yes, it's expensive unless you live in Saskatchewan.

Ok, I didn't realize it went so far to a bottle.Stange they don't have a dealer or a few dealers here in BC, but like you said you tried that road.I do remember that actually.I should try some in my motor one day too.