Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4DM

Fun songs to listen to?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I've had my car for a couple weeks now, and I love having the MP3 CD capability. I have not had the fun of going through my whole music collection yet, and would love some suggestions!The songs I have so far..El Pasador - Bamba DabumDschingis Khan - MoscauI think it should be noted that I don't speak either of those languages lol.So, what do you guys like to listen to while driving?

Screw the IPod. I started years ago and spent hours and hours dubbing music from albums to open reel, making both background and party tapes. I then went through the 'portable, personal music' thing with Walkman years later (anyone remember the TPS-L2 @ $349.95 ?).Spent hours and hours dubbing music from albums to cassettes. Carried several boxes of cassettes wherever I went.Then I carried several pounds of CDs during the Discman era.I hate headphones and/or earbuds. I find that none are comfortable, most have very poor specs and ALL will cause hearing damage (I know!).Then I had a trunk full of CDs, and then a CD changer in several vehicles.Spent hours and hours dubbing music from albums and CDs to make CDs.Now I only carry music channels..... 100+ of them on XM radio, with lots of news and sports, if I feel like it.Huge selection of music is now available anytime in the Smart and at home (a portable unit), and in the wife's Caddy.There's too much music out there to bother recording it. You'll never fully appreciate the effort required to record everything you want.Even though it's much faster than it used to be, don't waste your time and effort copying music. Ten dollars a month is worth it, for my time.Anyone want to but some great mix cassettes?? I don't seem to use my Walkman as much as I used to.Also have a few open reel tapes kicking around.Yes, I did have a car with an 8-track player in it. Tried recording my own tapes for that too, but it didn't work very well.My 2¢

Satellite radio doesn't work worth crap in BC's mountains!

My Sirius sat radio performed flawlessly from Campbell River all the way to Fort McMurray! No dead spots.That said Tragically Hip, U2, Depeche Mode are always good but I like the new stuff too. On Sirius I switch from Hits 1, 80's, 1st Wave. I check out the other ones from time to time and I love the music alert feature that tells me if a favourite song is playing on any channel.