Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coast Steve

Anyone running 195/45/16's on the front?

21 posts in this topic

If you are running 195/45/16's on the front, I am Just wondering how you like this size on the front ? I just ordered 2 brand new Kumho Ecsta SPT (KU31) in a size- 195/45R16 to replace my old worn out 175/50/16'sAlso, can you run those little plastic fender lip extensions on widesters? or just stock fenders.Thanks for your input guys ;)

post-3704-1250202478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

I run 195/45/16's on my front Spikelines and 225/40 16 on the rear Spikelines

post-1049-1250206599_thumb.jpg

Edited by SCHMART

OK, so we would have the same front AND back then.How do like the feel of the front compared to the 175/50/16's?

i have 195/40/16 front and 215/35/16 rear, love the width and how it feels more stable, although i have seen 195/45/16 on all 4, with the rear tire stretch

Edited by cassini75

OK, so we would have the same front AND back then.How do like the feel of the front compared to the 175/50/16's?

a little more stable. the Spikelines are 6.5" wide whereas my Mono VI are 5.5"

i have 195/40/16 front and 215/35/16 rear, love the width and how it feels more stable, although i have seen 195/45/16 on all 4, with the rear tire stretch

Thanks Cassini, wow 35's in the rear, and I thought mine were low profile.

a little more stable. the Spikelines are 6.5" wide whereas my Mono VI are 5.5"

1" wider eh? ...we shall see how it goes, should look better as well. Edited by Coast Steve

Sounds good, briand, the tires should be here in about 3 days.I'll post a couple pics after I test drive it. ;) BTW: how's $129 per tire sound? good price eh?

I know but I wish they would just last me a little longeron the car, Bil! www.1010tires.com ...can't beat em, prices aren't all over the map depending the day you phone.They have a 1-800 phone number on the website and I just phone them using that, they spend time with you on the phone without rushing you away quickly to make sure you get the right tires.Brand new Performance Kumho Ecsta SPT's at $129 each and only $21 delivery to my door, They will send you an instant invoice via e-mail so you know if there is any mistakes, and you get the tires in a couple days.This is the 3rd time I have used them and it's gone perfectly every time, plus I saved hundreds of dollars.Highly recomended ;) Steve

Edited by Coast Steve

im in search of some rears right now, at the wear bars in some parts, would run them BUT dont know if there will be rain and cant chance it

Good thinking, my front is going away from me a bit in the wet so I'm with you.

Edited by Coast Steve

Update, I just picked up a set of rears as they were on sale at a decent price.I have "issues" with my 225/35/17's in that the rim is just a bit to close to the road surface for bumps and potholes.So, I ordered 245/35/17's they are about a 1/4" taller hopefully this helps with the bumps, and they are also a little wider to boot.Should look good and feel a bit better on the road.So I am increasing the overall diameter of the front AND rear tires so I think the ABS should be ok, the difference is very minimal anyway.Will report later, the rears are here Friday.Steve

As you can see the overall diameter is almost the same as the 175/50'16's, and don't forget the tread on the old ones is a little worn.The new ones are "AA" traction, so it should have great grip ;) I am waiting till the rears get here then I will have all 4 put on.

Well here it is gang, and thanks for your input too, ;) 245/35/17's rear and 195/45/16's front.No rubbing issues and it drives nicer as well, It feels more solid when driving as well.You can see the new rears beside my old ones, not that much different really.So, I'm a happy camper in the rain again. :rolleyes:

post-3704-1250898634_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1250898658_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1250898864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast Steve

OK, Robert will do,Here are a few things after 100 kms, It has a more solid "real car" sports car feel, but it's not quite so nimble in the corners switching left to right fast lets say.Not quite as quick off the line and under full power either, but close. It seems to be able to take the corners with more speed and has more stability than before. It wants to go faster on the straights too, and there is a much more stable feel and less road pebble feel, (it must be the 1/4" taller sidewalls doing that.)I like the fact that it doesn't give you that bone jaring "bang" anymore on potholes and bumps from the rear tires transfering through the rim either.There is way more rubber on the road surface now and it feels like it. It scrubs a little more speed off as you make your way around a tight corner than before, (maybe taking off my 10mm spacers in the front will help.) I think it would be faster now on a high speed "sweeping turns" type track.But not as fast as it was on a short "quick turns track", just a guess. I am impressed with it's ability to handle the roads bumps and pavement variations under speed now too, it was good before but now it's better. And it doesn't make a big deal out of the roads imperfections as much as before. I love the way it "fills the fenders" visually now too.So for a wrap up, it feels a little bit slower at everything, but you can take corners faster and gives a more secure sports car feel.So It drives like you would expect it would drive when putting on some bigger tires really.Would I do it again ..............I think I would.But it does need a "tad" more power to compensate for this rubber size now. Steve

Edited by Coast Steve