Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

got a VIN.. who do I give it to?

640 posts in this topic

Today whe I saw a black pure in a parking garage i actually took down teh VIN, but I forget who it is who wants them...lemme know!

Today whe I saw a black pure in a parking garage i actually took down teh VIN, but I forget who it is who wants them...lemme know!

Cait: I think you give them to Mike T..... :bustamove:

City of Victoria smart - 221046

Also here are some how to pictures of capturing the VIN off your spotted smart

Cheers,

Cameron

You are a quick study ;)

So for the record, I have 643 of all the 4822 VINs of cars that are in Canada spotted, 238 of which are on Vancouver Island, and 383 of which are in BC.

In other words, I have a list of all the CDN VINs, and the game is to spot as many of them as possible. Pretty impossible to get them all but what the hell...

Special thanks to for2, who've probably racked up well over 150 and reported them to me!

Maybe we should develop a "you've been VINned" card to leave under wipers :lol:

150???? Wow. I think I'm at 25-30 now, based on my foggy recollections. Montreal was a score one day when I was there... that boosted me up a bit. ;-)

Thanks Keith for that, during a hurried moment on your tour in MTL.

It was all I could do to resist running onto the assembly lines on the 11th to read the VINs at Hambach - I saw 5 other CDN cars on the lines besides the VIN I did manage to score. Not to mention the dozens in the paddocks. A little night crawling at Hambach would have been quite lucrative...

Well - now that I know what to look for - all I have to do is hang around the office for hours on end - oh wait I do that now. No poaching VIN's on Herald street - I have dibs - I'd be up to 5 or 6 by now (LOL).

I will have to drop by a certain security company that uses smarts as well. You think your's is twister green - these are more like twisted green!

Cheers,

Cameron

I could cheat and call in a favour or two - at least for BC I can get the VIN's - being in IT has it's benefits.

<fiendish laugh goes here>

Don't worry - it is more fun the real way.

Cheers,

Cameron

But for Peugeot 404s....

Well smarts would be OK too I suppose.

If you need 404 serial number info, let me know, and I'll give you the ranges. I really wonder how many are still registered...

I'll ask - not sure how granular they can make a search - have to be a bit concerned about privacy laws and such but a head count shouldn't offend anyone.

Now Maseratti Citroens - that would draw a few less hits (think there is still one kicking around Victoria) I used to get a kick out of when they started and would start to levitate on the air bags.

Cheers,

Cameron

I used to get a kick out of when they started and would start to levitate on the air bags.

You mean the nitrogen-filled spheres ;)

Definitely a very nice car, the SM. Not as good looking as a Chapron DS Cabriolet, but VERY high-tech.

Here you go Mike-J227958, black (manly color) pure coupe being raffled off in town. Max of 2000 ticket, $50.00 each or 3/$125.00, yes I have 3 tickets and when I win it , it will be swapped for black/black pulse cabrio. :bustamove::bustamove::bustamove:

Here you go Mike-J227958

Thanks; where is that car exactly (which town?)

Thanks for the info!

However, I still have my sights set on some strikelines, so I may be moving on that next year...

it will be swapped for black/black pulse cabrio. :bustamove::bustamove::bustamove:

The manliest of manly cars...

Except for the silver foglight mask. It's kinda, you know, :gay:

Hot off the PDI line - Black on Black cabrio - so I cheated and got it at TPM - it was a slow week outside the office.

Hi Mike,

Bay Grey and Silver Passion Cabrio in Victoria - didn't get a chance to look for all the options - it scooted off on me while I went in to grab a card.

Hopefully a new to you!

Cheers,

Cameron