Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

got a VIN.. who do I give it to?

640 posts in this topic

184196 was in the database without any info, so I've submitted the form on it.It is a Re-Max-wrapped car in Kelowna - Silver/Silver Passion Cabrio, grey interior, no visible options.

I've added those now - thanks!I put the Wii cars as being in Ontario because of the plates.

I spotted # 298995 in NW Calgary.It is a nice looking red/ silver passion coupe with grey interior and upgraded sound.I left a note with the club info.-smartmom

Mike,Was the black smart you were checking out at the dealer in Courtenay yesterday a car you had already? It looked like the one that was for sale on the side of the road between CR and Courtenay a while ago...

No, it was a brand new one, strangely enough! We're at 702 spotted on Vancouver Island now.....Thanks, smartmom, for the spot!

Thank you! That is the 1842nd spotted smart. We are at 18% spotted!Keep them coming!

We grabbed a bunch from David Morris Fine Cars today. I didn't have time at Lone Star to grab any.

Excellent!Are you going to post the info on the VIN registry site under "new entries"?

Yeah I'll do that - you'll have to "show all" probably because there I got 19 new ones! (Plus there are 3 more coming from Alaria)I'll have to have a look at the stats too. I think we should enter everything on the form just so we have a global record of it.

Sweet, we're at 18.2% spotted! 1861 cars! Without Alaria's...I notice that sometimes certain fields in the update form show up as blank.....is it a bug, or are people just missing certain data (including serial No) when they post?

If it shows blank, whoever submitted it didn't enter anything for that field.I could probably get it to check before submitting, but sometimes the information is unknown so if that field can't be blank, then the form wouldn't be able to be submitted.

Spotted in Simcoe Ontario. Phat red/black pure coupe, licence ISMART1. Very basic, after market stereo installed but no other upgrades. Manual transmission, no A/C, no clock, no tach.

Spotted not 40 feet from mine at the airport, but on the other side of the jersey in long-term parking: 2005 pure coupe, phat red and black, no options. 171791 added to the db.

For2 just snagged three new VINs for us in Victoria. We now have 710 smarts spotted on Vancouver Island.....and 710 spotted in all parts of Canada other than BC (plus 437 in the rest of BC)!Add some in an indeterminate location or in the USA and that's 1875 spotted in total (18.3%).Keep up the good work!