Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

got a VIN.. who do I give it to?

640 posts in this topic

However, I did have it already....it has softouch, sound and tach/clock.

With 260 cars of a bit over 400 sold already spotted on the Island these days, the odds of a "spot" being new are low.

Keep on trying though, it's much appreciated!

223126 ? RR passion cab ? didn't get too much time to check options

163324 ? Bay Grey Cab (DFH car)

Cheers,

Cameron

Gee - I might have to start hanging around TPM when they are unloading the trucks LOL

I will keep looking!

Kind of bizarre though that there seems to be so many around the building I work in - geography or something.

Cheers,

Cameron

Ha - here is one you don't have yet - mine!

2006 Ruby Red Passion (Wife loves the colour), with sunroof and about all the other goodies except the paddle shifters, googly eyes (Wife did not like the tach and clock - I can live without it), and leather seats- our butts don't really care

So does the VIN being issued mean the car is in the feed hopper for the assembly line - or better (in progress) or worse (still paper work)?

Cheers,

Cameron

The highest VIN in last week's shipment ends in 251109, so at a cadence of about 380 cars per day, I guess that means that yours is built for sure, maybe a week or more ago. Thanks for the info.

Yippee! :cheer:

The next boat out is on the 24th Nov. arrives on the 6th Dec. - so tight for Christmas but could happen - guess I better behave so Santa puts me on the nice list. I guess I can claim it is a orthodox christmas car - Here for Dec 6th.

and then there is the whole Canadian part of the system - truck - rail - truck. They should just hire a bunch of retired people to drive them out here - it would be faster. They do that in the 'states - they drive so far and hand the car off - sort of like the pony express (grey ponies?). The car would be nicely broken in by the time it got here - PDI would catch all the issues. LOL

Cheers,

Cameron

p.s. - What is the record for going through the break in mileage? - I think the wife is going to exceed that the first week given her visting plans - LOL.

Hi Mike,

Phat red Pulse cabrio - grey interior - tach and clock - Herald St. here in Victoria - 158366 - needed a bath. Ya - I know "got it" - but I am persistent! :biglaugh:

Cheers,

Cameron

Penguin Pure - grey interior - tach and clock - 219027

Phat Red/Black Passion - red interior - 202195

Cheers,

Cameron

That number is not in the registry....could one of the digits have been misread from your notes?

That number is not in the registry....could one of the digits have been misread from your notes?

Could be - I was in a hurry - may be 203195 - if I see it again I will check. - Looked relatively new

Cheers,

Cameron

star Blue metallic / silver passion grey interior ? leather seats (?didn't get a real good look) clock tach.

Herald St.

Cheers,

Cameron

Cool! There was a nice asian lady driving it - about the right age group for Alan Lowe's wife - anyone know what colour the Mayor's car is? I had spoken to her the last time I saw the car. Perhaps a new VIN and a celebrity (almost) driver - that would be even cooler.

Cheers,

Cameron

City of Victoria - Bio-Diesel

VIN 187592- penguin pure ? with mudflaps! grey interior.

Cheers,

Cameron

I already had it from the dealer (unsold), but it's good to know where it ended up. I wonder what they'll do if the injection system has a problem and they seek warranty service. Peel the sticker off? ;)

- anyone know what colour the Mayor's car is?

I was under the impression that he just had a City of Vic car to use...but I may be wrong.

Great spotting, Speedie. Maybe you have a future in birdwatching!!

Maybe you have a future in birdwatching!!

Only if I can bring my air cannon! Calms them right down - you can walk up to them and have a good look - tends to ruffle the plummage though.

I don't know - Herald St. just seems to draw smarts - saw a twister green cabrio go bombing up the street this PM as well.

Cheers,

Cameron

Hi Mike T. Here is the VIN info from the cars at the Manulife Center. You can see the pics on the Manulife thread.

223688, pulse cab, black/grey, twister blue, Brabus trim throughout, heated seats, soft touch, clock & tach, A/C, CD holder.

246443, passion coupe, silver/grey, twister grey, glass roof, soft touch, No clock or tach, A/C.

242748, pulse coupe, black/green, twister green, solid roof, clock & tach, heated seats, A/C sound upgrade.

224894, passion cab, silver/ruby, heated leather seats, clock & tach, soft touch, sound upgrade,

150679, passion cab, silver/silver, bungee red, soft touch, A/C, no clock or tach. This is the car that was parked out front for a very short time.

Updated spotting figures are:

-739 total in Canada

-455 of which are in BC (more spotters here(!))

-285 of which are on Vancouver Island.

That's about 14% of all the cars in the country...

Should be a two in front of it, right? What are the colours etc?