Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cait

got a VIN.. who do I give it to?

640 posts in this topic

Just checked the searchable database for Achtung - it appears we never reported it to you! Sorry about that.

VIN is.... was 212229, red 2005 with black tridion, pulse, blue-grey interior, bought it at MB West Broadway and generally got good service there. It had a few of the nicer options but nothing special except the plate. (8 UNG) It was a good comfortable, safe, stable car with 45,000 km on it last week..... when it rolled on the #1 near 200th. All that construction makes it a really nasty area and the wife and her friend went up against a 5-tonne but came out OK. Smart in the ditch looked like it was planted there!

But ICBC condemned it. Not even going to try to estimate how much it would cost to put it back together, he said. I didn't see much damage in the photos except to the door where the truck tire took the skin off, and the mirrors, a fender and some finish, but what do I know? Maybe ICBC was running short of parts for other rebuildable Smarts? I suppose anything could have happend - cracked engine mounts, for sure front suspension (and we already did that once in our encounter with a curb - ouch!)

The thing that really hurts is that we paid so much to be an early adopter, and now it's worth so little. Just figuring out the costs, we spent about $0.045 per km on fuel, (it was never any good on fuel, only getting around 300-350 km per tank), about $0.035 per km on maintenance, $0.17 per km on insurance, and $0.31 per km on depreciation! I never imagined how that would be our single biggest cost, outweighing all the others together!

Sigh. So as we report our VIN to the database, we strike it off the list too. If we get another, it'll be another diesel. There still seem to be a few good ones around.

post-1754-1315674796_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the VIN, sorry that it's gone but good that it protected the occupants.

This car's currently for sale in Toronto....

2006 Smart - Toronto

WMEAJ00F66J275236

What can you tell us about this one Mike?

BTW - this is the dealer where I bought the Canada1.

Edited by smartnhappy

How's this:Serial Number: 275236 Body Style: coupeLast Known Location: Car Into Canada: 7091stArrived on: 2006-04-07Delivery Ship: Mignon

Glenn posted all we have on it, that's the first spotting (the ad that's presently online).

Just bought one on Fri. 13, 2014 Smart Fortwo CDI Coupe 2006, WMEAJ00F66J309627, Toronto, Ontario

post-13989-1402958681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerzy

Thanks and welcome! Last info on your car is that it was in Canning NS in 2011.

I purchased it from a friend in Whycocomagh who purchased it from another Invernesser who picked it up at the auction in Halifax. Needs a bit of work on the suspension to make the ride a bit better. All original suspension. I have had it for 6 months and I clear love this little devil. I take it to Halifax regularly when I head that way for work.

Mike I bought a new 2015 Smart Pure last September, 2015. Serial number WMEEJ3BA0FK820801. Silver body, silver tridion, Pure Package, Run-Out Package from Tri-Star Mercedes-Benz in Saint John, NB. Thanks, Gordie.

Thanks Gordie. Huronlad is doing the 451 registry so I will let him know.