Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETHICAL BEEF

FRZD- ENGINE CODE

6 posts in this topic

Hi EveryoneI had a engine warning light come on yesterday.Scan gauge says...FRZD??I called Victoria Star Motors in Kitchener (only because I was in the area ) and the "tech" said that that didn't mean anything to him and I needed to bring the car into them and leave it overnight.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$I wasn't going to do that and be 2 hours from home...so checked the oil, water and drove home with no problems.Any thoughts on this code? I'm hoping just an O 2 sensor or???Thanks.James

I was afraid you were going to tell me that!The scan gauge would also stop reporting L/ 100 Km and speed but still show water and intake air temps.....if you shut it off for a while everything starts out as normal with no engine light showing up ?????James

I would guess it is some sort of bad connection. Remove the cable from the car and disconnect the other end from the SGII, check to make sure the connections are clean and reinstall.

According to the SG manual FRZD stands for "freeze data" & will appear with "codes" below "# codes found"on the SG screen, check pages 7 & 8 of the manual for a description of PIDs which appear to give the trouble codes more definition.

Thank goodness for this forum.Just had the engine light come on on the way to work together with FRZD on the scanguage.The scanguage had been disconnected last week during my cruise control debacle.Perhaps it had not been properly reconnected.I disconnected it and engine light remained ON.Reconnected scanguage engine light ON.Cleared codes on scanguage Engine Light OFF.Drove to work with no recorrence of the light.Here's hoping it was just a bad connection.I'll keep watching!2seat