Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bilgladstone

sending tires overseas

6 posts in this topic

A smartmanics buddy cannot get a certain tire in the UK. I can buy a pair in Canada and tranship them to him. Has anyone here sent something like this overseas? I have no idea what it might cost.Yes, I can call a shipper I suppose, but which one? So I'm hoping you can give me a ballpark or at least an order of magnitude.TIABil :sun:

Hmmm... I don't know what it would cost Bil. I can tell you that when Mike at smartarse design was shipping alot of stuff to me last year it always came DHL. There were some pretty large and/or heavy boxes. I think when I got the janspeed exhaust it was actually wrapped in carpet and tape. Anyways, everything always arrived in like 5 days with no problems and the pricing was reasonable.

When shipping across the pond, I always use Royal Mail from the UK, or Canada Post from Canada. Try and find a box the tires will fit in and you will not get charged the outragous extras for unwrapped items.

If the consignee lives anywhere reasonably near Heathrow, your cheapest bet might be Air Canada Cargo.