Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coast Steve

Trailer stuff

7 posts in this topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We spent about $6000 for all this stuff to build a little light weight travel trailer.

We now need to get rid of everything as my new shop is too small to get it out,

These are all brand new parts

Will swap it all for a good dirtbike. or cash offers

Have a look at the pictures (there are 3 pages of pictures):

Thanks, Steve

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42101197@N04/...57622105516255/

Edited by Coast Steve

It's a 2000lb class trailer and I have the papers for that, so yes it should be fine to carry the car, or be towed by the car.It only weighs something like 250-300 lbs, the tounge weight is something like 20 lbs.The frame size is about 5 feet wide x9 feet long, then the bar and hitch are a few feet longer 12.8 feet I think.It has all the required signal lights and brake lights and saftey cables and a flip down wheel at the front, for when it's not on the car to keep it level.You can wheel it around by yourself when it's not on the car as well, I had it made so the trailer and the car together is under 20 feet for the ferry, but I have never actually mesured them together. We paid something like just over $2000, I do have the bill and registration as well. You can have it for $1000, (and don't forget it's brand new).Steve

Edited by Coast Steve

Is the axle rated 2000 lbs or 3500 lbs. The smart is 1,800 lbs heavy and if it is rated for 2000 mlbs I will be over about 100 lbs.I want to tow my 451 with my motorhome. the distance between the fenders must be min. 5 ft the length should be ok and I have to put a deck on it. Will it wor\k?

it's 54" inside the wheel wells and the wheel wells are 7" higher than the deck, it's 76" wide overall.I don't think it's quite big enough to put your smart on though, I had it made to go behind the smart not under it.But it is a 2000 lb rated trailer.Sorry, I sent you a PM too.Steve

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More