Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Tuesday, Oct 06th Ride and Dine in Stratford

29 posts in this topic

Since no one else has made any suggestions for the next little adventure of the London and area Smarts, I'll offer up the following.... :D

The time for October's outing is fast approaching, and there was some discussion and suggestion at the Lambeth Harvestfest parade about

an early fall ride to Stratford and a get-together at the Boar's Head Pub in the Queen's Inn Hotel. We were there exactly 2 years ago and

everyone enjoyed the food and beverage selection. Link to info, directions and menus.... http://www.queensinnstratford.ca

Tuesday seem to be the day-of-choice lately, so I'd like to start a sign-up list for the next Smart night out.

1. Bill (smartnhappy)

I thought the October meet two years ago was at Bill's favourite restaurant...The Phoenix... south west corner of Bradley & Ernest. ;)

You're right Rod. The October 03/07 outing was in London. It was September 05/07 we took the trip to Stratford.My bad. :rolleyes: ps - The Phoenix was not then, is not now and will never be on my Top 100 Restaurants list. I think we all remember it.

Remember, as bonus to being in Strarford, we'll be less than 2 blocks from the Rheo Thompson Candy store (and those mint smoothies....yum!!).

They're only open till 5:30.

Maybe we could organize a Smart club quantity purchase? :P

http://www.rheothompson.com

ps - The Phoenix was not then, is not now and will never be on my Top 100 Restaurants list. I think we all remember it.

I was just kidding Bill but to add insult to injury they didn't even dispense that fine beverage..... "Golden Nectar of the Gods" sometimes referred to as Beer.

PS The 2007 October meet @ "The Phoenix" was first Smart meet I ever attended.....and then it went all down hill after that. :winkgrin:

Edited by SMRT ROD

PS The 2007 October meet @ "The Phoenix" was first Smart meet I ever attended.....and then it went all down hill after that.

So, sign up already and we'll see if we can maintain that great level of entertainment we've all come to expect. :P

1. Bill (smartnhappy)

2. William

Sorry :( that we will miss this one. We will be in Tennessee heading towards Raleigh, NC, for a conference. Don't forget about Chocolate Barr's nearly across the street from the Boar's Head. They also have really delicious gelatos, as well as great chocolates that are made right there. Also on the way into Stratford, there is Tea Leaves, for those tea afficionados in the gang. We were at both places yesterday. Yum!All the best,~~~ Alberta & Cliff

PS The 2007 October meet @ "The Phoenix" was first Smart meet I ever attended.....and then it went all down hill after that.

So, sign up already and we'll see if we can maintain that great level of entertainment we've all come to expect. :P

1. Bill (smartnhappy)

2. William

3. Rod & Luke :cap:

Sounds like it's too bad I missed the Phoenix! The Boar's Head is a great spot, we'll meet Bill outside Rheo Thompson's.1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. William3. Rod & Luke 4. Terry & Phyllis5.6.7.8.9.10.

Glenn and I would love to the drive out to Stratford.... we did spend some time on the side of the road just South of Stratford last week.Lilbit had a flat tire!We didn't get the chance to see my daughter play hockey but we did see a lovely sky full of falling stars!1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. William3. Rod & Luke4. Terry & Phyllis5. Carol & Don6. Glenn and Liz7.8.9.10.

What time is this event starting at?1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. William3. Rod & Luke4. Terry & Phyllis5. Carol & Don6. Glenn and Liz7.James & Dawn8.9.10.

Thanks everybody for your votes of confidence.

I hope to be at the 'candy store' by 5 PM (I plan is to do ALL my Christmas shopping at that time). Store closes at 5:30PM.

Next stop.... da pub!

Things will probably get going around 6 to 6:30.

Hey, I can make that - it's been a while!1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. William3. Rod & Luke4. Terry & Phyllis5. Carol & Don6. Glenn and Liz7. James & Dawn8. Iain (Duck)9.10.

I was just posting in the mod lounge that I just bought a new car - a 2010 jetta tdi! And then I saw that something is happening rather close to where I live and thought I'd see if you'll still let me come even though I'll be driving a jetta... :P I won't park near all the smarties :) I will hide.1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. William3. Rod & Luke4. Terry & Phyllis5. Carol & Don6. Glenn and Liz7. James & Dawn8. Iain (Duck)9.Cait and Jetta10.

Looks like Jake and I will be able to make it too!!I can bring any shirts or other stuff if anybody is interested. I am bringing my scrap book of embroidery Dragon wants to see our Dragons. hehehe.It's been so long since we got together with the London group do you still use knives and forks at these things. :o Karen

1. Bill (smartnhappy)2. William3. Rod & Luke4. Terry & Phyllis5. Carol & Don6. Glenn and Liz7. James & Dawn8. Iain (Duck)9. Cait and Jetta10. Jake & Karen11.12.13.14.15.

I called to give them a heads up that about 16 people are coming in smart cars tonight at 6 :)See y'all there!

Add to the list one dragon who'll get there a little late because she just got back from work. ;)

It was great to see the dragon if even for such a short time. I think everyone enjoyed the food and many of us took Bill's advice and stocked up on chocolates on the way to the pub!The only one missing was Duck- maybe he decided to go play in the rain? :rolleyes:

post-35-1254940919_thumb.jpg

post-35-1254940936_thumb.jpg

post-35-1254940946_thumb.jpg

post-35-1254940958_thumb.jpg

post-35-1254940973_thumb.jpg

post-35-1254941032_thumb.jpg

post-35-1254941043_thumb.jpg

post-35-1254941055_thumb.jpg

DUck did you drive by a couple of times? we thought we saw you!Was great to see a bunch of smarties even though I don't have one anymore! I look forward to the next meet I can make it to :)

If it wasn't Iain, then it may have been someone from Strickland Motors I noticed today on Auto Trader they have a Stream Green in stock.