Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shirl

Mystery Run

84 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,Have to post that the wineries need a total head. So be sure to sign up in time.Thank you.Smart Car MysteryFun RunLooking for all Smart Car owners, to participate in a fun day.Locations and routes to be unveiled day of the rally.There is a $10.00 entry fee per person before you can begin. But look what it includes!!!!!Day includes the following:Draw for prizes, :D A four hour cruise aboard the Motor Yacht "The Sequana" around Lake ON for four people. :D A day sail aboard the Corvus (includes a light lunch) ;) An Oil change for your Smart Car. :D Two bottles of Ontario Wine:D Several other prizes 50/50 draw, Proceeds go to the SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Date is Saturday October 3rd, 2009. Meet and greet time is 12:00pm. Depart for run at 1:00pm. Before Departure at 1:00 pm, you will be given an envelope with a route and several stops that are to be made. The participating business's are looking forward to seeing everyone. There will be a draw for some prizes along the way. Once you have completed all the stops you will be routed to the Hamilton Harbour Marina.End of run time is about 5:30-6:00 pm at Hamilton Harbour Marina for B’Q. We supply the hot dog and hamburgs. We will then draw for the prizes.Contact: Bill or Shirl McMurray 905 777-8795smartrally@live.ca for any question or www.clubsmartcar.com to sign up

Edited by Shirl

Smart Car Mystery

Fun Run

Looking for all Smart Car owners, to participate in a fun day.

Locations and routes to be unveiled day of the rally.

There is a $10.00 entry fee before you can begin. Please be sure to contact us so that you can arrange payment.

Day includes the following:

Draw for prizes,

50/50 draw, Proceeds go to the SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).

Date is Saturday October 3rd, 2009.

Meet and greet time is 12:00 am.

Depart at 1:00pm.

End of run time is 6:00 pm at Hamilton Harbour Marina for B’Q and draw for the remainder of the prizes.

smartrally@live.ca for any question

or www.clubsmartcar.com to sign up :P

2) Bill & Shirl

3) Amy

Smart Car Mystery

Fun Run

Looking for all Smart Car owners, to participate in a fun day.

Locations and routes to be unveiled day of the rally.

There is a $10.00 entry fee before you can begin. Please be sure to contact us so that you can arrange payment.

Day includes the following:

Draw for prizes,

50/50 draw, Proceeds go to the SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).

Date is Saturday October 3rd, 2009.

Meet and greet time is 12:00 am.

Depart at 1:00pm.

End of run time is 6:00 pm at Hamilton Harbour Marina for B’Q and draw for the remainder of the prizes.

smartrally@live.ca for any question

or www.clubsmartcar.com to sign up :P

2) Bill & Shirl

3) Amy

5) Bob & Donna

Fun RunLooking for all Smart Car owners, to participate in a fun day.Locations and routes to be unveiled day of the rally.There is a $10.00 entry fee before you can begin. Please be sure to contact us so that you can arrange payment.Day includes the following:Draw for prizes, 50/50 draw, Proceeds go to the SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Date is Saturday October 3rd, 2009. Meet and greet time is 12:00 am. Depart at 1:00pm. End of run time is 6:00 pm at Hamilton Harbour Marina for B’Q and draw for the remainder of the prizes.Contact: Bill or Shirl McMurray 905 777-8795smartrally@live.ca for any question or www.clubsmartcar.com to sign up :P1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim

Fun RunLooking for all Smart Car owners, to participate in a fun day.Locations and routes to be unveiled day of the rally.There is a $10.00 entry fee before you can begin. Please be sure to contact us so that you can arrange payment.Day includes the following:Draw for prizes, 50/50 draw, Proceeds go to the SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Date is Saturday October 3rd, 2009. Meet and greet time is 12:00 am. Depart at 1:00pm. End of run time is 6:00 pm at Hamilton Harbour Marina for B’Q and draw for the remainder of the prizes.Contact: Bill or Shirl McMurray 905 777-8795smartrally@live.ca for any question or www.clubsmartcar.com to sign up :P1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim

I'm not going but it seems that the 13 hour of the Meet and Greet maybe quite long. :lol: It should be from 12PM (noon)until 1:00pm. :lol:

Hi there,Sorry to hear that you are not attending. The meet and greet part is at the start and it is at a coffee shop for free coffee. It is an open time to show up for the start of the run. As long as youre there for depart time.We then leave for a tour of undisclosed places. Then we finish up at Hamilton Harbour Marina for a BQ.It would be difficult to cut down on some of the time due to the places that partipating in the Mystery Run. There are several stops lined up. I am sure that there will be some that will finish the run earlier and will be able to eat and leave if they chose.Take careShirl

Artz is located in New Brunswick as indicated under his avatar, so he wouldn't likely come to a Hamilton event. His comment was just light banter about 12am being midnight and 12pm being noon, as he tried to indicate by including emoticons in his post.

Thanks Smart65; my humor is hard to pass through a board message/post. Actually most people in real life don't get me either.If I did live in the Southern Ontario area I would be going for sure. I may be heading to Toronto this fall so hopefully something will be going on then. But, back to the list:1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim5)

Hi .Sorry I missed the banter, I just took real quick look. Next time I will stop to smell the diesel......... I did look for the error right away about the time and corrected it. :rolleyes: Still getting to know everyone, so bare (or is it bear grrrr) with me.....Happy to know you would have attended. I will keep an eye out for when you are coming to the Toronto area and hopefully we can put something together.Take care, Chat soonShirlThanks Smart65; my humor is hard to pass through a board message/post. Actually most people in real life don't get me either.If I did live in the Southern Ontario area I would be going for sure. I may be heading to Toronto this fall so hopefully something will be going on then. But, back to the list:1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim5)

sign up for smart mystery run1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim5) Karen & Jake

Sorry that we cannot sign up as it sounds like fun. However, we will be occupied with the Ilderton Fall Fair and its parade. Our Optimist Club is doing a float. Last year we were non-traditional and had a smart car 'float', but this year, it will be a more traditional hay wagon type. 1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim5) Karen & Jake

Hi there,Sorry to hear that you will not be joining us. If all goes well, hopefully this will become an annual event. Maybe see you at another event. Take careShirl

Sorry that we cannot sign up as it sounds like fun. However, we will be occupied with the Ilderton Fall Fair and its parade. Our Optimist Club is doing a float. Last year we were non-traditional and had a smart car 'float', but this year, it will be a more traditional hay wagon type. 1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim5) Karen & Jake

Hi there,Sorry to hear that you will not be joining us. If all goes well, hopefully this will become an annual event. Maybe see you at another event. Take careShirl

Hello everyoneNew Prize added to the list. Win a Free oil change for your Smart.

Hi ShirlTell us a little bit more about the route and you might get a few more interested.I know you said it ends at the Hamilton Marina but where and how far will it take us. Are we heading down to Niagara area? or staying with in town, big difference. Most won't want to drive around town I think. Are there twisty roads aka short hills involved? Odd sites. picnic?We have to know what to bring.I'd really like to see a lot of smarts out to this as there will be no other big get togethers planned this fall. I am not doing the scavenger hunt this year and I beleive there will be no wine tour either.Karen :)

Good Morning Karen.Great to hear from you. Your timing is impecible. I received a call from one of the stop points yesterday. They are going to need a head count so I will have to post a deadline for sign up. .They are goiing to call and let me know what the deadline is today as I was at work yesterday when they called.Destinations........We are going to enjoy the wonderful tastes from the fruits of the Niagara Belt. Some like white, and some like red.......That is also the reason for the fee for particpating. The wineries require it. We will be traveling a scenic route to the wineries. Can't tell you the route, or any other stops as It will no longer be a Mystery LOL.As to bringing, anything, the only thing you woud need to bring is what you would like to drink other than pop for the BQ at the end. Hot dog, Hamburgs are being supplied.I think I covered everything, let me know if I forgot anything.....Take care,CheersShirl

1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim5) Karen & Jake6. jp +17. lorne & michelle

Hello everyone,Have to post that the wineries need a total head count by September 25th. So be sure to sign up in time.Thank you.

Hello,Yes we are meeting at Granddad Donuts near the base of James close to the Harbour in Hamilton.

1) Bill & Shirl2) Amy3) Bob & Donna4) Carole & Jim5) Karen & Jake6) jp +17) lorne & michelle8) William

For payment please send it to Ba 32- 1 Guise StreetHamilton OntarioL8L-2B4Be sure to send you address so that we can send you a reciept.Hello everyone,Have to post that the wineries need a total head count by September 25th. So be sure to sign up in time.Thank you.Smart Car MysteryFun RunLooking for all Smart Car owners, to participate in a fun day.Locations and routes to be unveiled day of the rally.There is a $10.00 entry fee per person before you can begin. But look what it includes!!!!!Day includes the following:Draw for prizes, :D A four hour cruise aboard the Motor Yacht "The Sequana" around Lake ON for four people. :D A day sail aboard the Corvus (includes a light lunch) ;) An Oil change for your Smart Car.:D Several other prizes 50/50 draw, Proceeds go to the SPCA (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Date is Saturday October 3rd, 2009. Meet and greet time is 12:00pm. Depart for run at 1:00pm. Before Departure at 1:00 pm, you will be given an envelope with a route and several stops that are to be made. The participating business's are looking forward to seeing everyone. There will be a draw for some prizes along the way. Once you have completed all the stops you will be routed to the Hamilton Harbour Marina.End of run time is about 6:00 pm at Hamilton Harbour Marina for B’Q. We supply the hot dog and hamburgs. We will then draw for the prizes.Contact: Bill or Shirl McMurray 905 777-8795smartrally@live.ca for any question or www.clubsmartcar.com to sign up

You mean we have to prepay? can we not just bring it the day of. this will turn some people off. It's pain to go find a check nowadays and post it. just my 2 cents.OK so now you all know I don't know where my checkbook has gotten to. :rolleyes: Karen

Yes I just realized I spelt cheque wrong. dealing with too many Americans lately. OK stop throwing stuff at your screen.Karen

Hi KarenLOL, nope you do not have to prepay, if people want to thats great. It will help but not a have to. I will only be worried if people sign up and do not show up as then I will be eating only Hamburgs Hotdogs & Sausages for winter as I will be picking them up before the run LOL. As to the wineries that we will be going to, they will go on totals that show up......Hope that helps.Take care,Shirl

Yes I just realized I spelt cheque wrong. dealing with too many Americans lately. OK stop throwing stuff at your screen.Karen