Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

Owners of smart cars save big in the Big Apple

2 posts in this topic

October 7, 9:49 PM

If you are a smart fortwo owner/driver you are enjoying some great benefits with your little urban runabout.

You enjoy a great number of safety features, generous standard equipment, cool head turning style, great fuel economy and excelletent maneuverability with the ability to turn on a dime and park where no other car can go. Well, to help you forward thinking smart fortwo types who do not believe in spending a ton of money on a cool ride, some New York City parking lot operators may have an offer you cannot resist. Certain parking lot operators in NYC are offering parking privileges at half the cost of a regular car. The rational reasoning; a smart takes up half the space, so charge half the price.

Check out this link and scroll down to see a list of participating parking lots.

This could also serve as a inducement for anyone who lives or works in the city and was on the fence about purchasing a smart car. You now have another great reason to consider this car.

Source: smart USA E-News Letter.

Source.

The program works great. My wife and I took a trip form Sudbury to New Yrok City over the summer and were able to enjoy the benifits of half price parking. To start, parking in the Big Apple is expensive!!, about $50 per day. All you have to do is fill out an application form and then in a few days you will recive a "Smart Park" parking card in the mail. The card costs nothing and saved me about $100. The only probelm I had was that the parking attendants did not seem to be familliar with the card and it took some time for them to apply the discout when it was time to pay. Other than that, I caint complain.