Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caribou

Did Google Street View capture your car?

35 posts in this topic

We just noticed last night that Street View has finally added Canada/Montreal when a friend in Arizona said he "saw" bicycles on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. :)I panned over to our suburb, and wouldn't you know, they cover virtually every surround street on four sides, but have left out about a twenty-block section in which our house is almost dead-centre!

They got my Supra parked at the office! But my home is out in the booneys so I don't think it'll get captured anytime soon :)

post-5329-1255021586_thumb.jpg

Edited by booneylander

Our cabrio is in the driveway and I can almost make out the plate. Looks great.Ian

Stittsville isn't up yet :( I saw the car go by though, and my car was in the garage, so noEDIT: Actually, I just realized that I saw the car a few different times on the Queensway, so now i'm crawling along between the 416 and Bronson... It's like i'm in a horrible traffic jam going down the highway though...

Edited by FlossyTheSmart

Our house is protected by a Romulan Cloaking Device so I never expect to see our smart on Google, unless I choose to put it there.

I finally finished scouring the highway and other commonly traversed roadways. No such luck. However, I did discover that according to google, the lanes of Bronson are very separated (Despite not actually being so)

Our cabrio is in the driveway and I can almost make out the plate. Looks great.Ian

I see it! Steam Green?

They got my Supra parked at the office! But my home is out in the booneys so I don't think it'll get captured anytime soon :)

Hey, you work two minutes drive from my house!

Has anyone figured out when the pictures were taken in Vancouver? More specifically Surrey?

I a few things I found in Calgary.You can see my front door but not my car as a tree is blocking my parking spot, the pictures were taken from across the street.I have surmised that the pictures in Calgary were taken in Early May by two thingsa there is a street cleaning sign by my Mom's former home, moved in August, with the dates of May 12 and 13 and then sign go up a few days before they do it.b The house that "blow up" a couple blocks away from here still has the makeshift fence and no new back added to the house -- This is the house that had a plumber sparked the gas somehow and blow the back wall off the house. The pictures of work were taken on a Saturday or Sunday as there are too few cars in the lot for a weekday.

Has anyone figured out when the pictures were taken in Vancouver? More specifically Surrey?

Someone used the Olympic clock to calculate the date. It was around April. If you want the exact date, use the Olympic clock.

I saw the Street View camera car driving around Kelowna in, IIRC early September but I guess it takes a few months for them to process the images. Not up yet.

People don't realize, (or no longer care) ,that with all the new technology coming,it comes with a huge 'Price'. And that 'Price' is:NO MORE PRIVACY!!!Think about this, next time you use your debit card instead of cash, use your cell phone,or use your computer to look for your home on google.For the sake of 'convienience', and speed, and the love of technology, we have sacrificed our 'freedom' of privacy.We may miss it someday.

O/TIronic Privacy... yes, we've almost gone back to the old days when towns and villages were small and everybody knew your name, where you lived, where you banked & how much you owed, and pretty much everything you and your whole family were up to. Remember party line telephones? I do. Jeez I'm OLD!Be careful out there...B :sun:

It was fun to see the smart in the driveway. It must have been later April, because our old pickup is also in the drive (it is usually at the farm outside Oshawa). I also know that I had been driving the car, because my wife never backs in!I'm not too worried about big brother having a view of our house - they get to look at our taxes at least once a year.

I'm not concerned either; it's only stuff anyone could see driving or walking down the road, which we all have the freedom to do. Most peopl under 30 have their whole life on facebook now anyway. Parking in a garage and never going outside would be the only way to not have it happen. :)-Iain

+1Anyone that thinks they have less privacy now than they did 5 or 10 years ago either doesn't realize just how exposed they already were back then, or doesn't know how to manage their privacy now. I used to always look at stuff in a classified ad, grab the phone number, do a reverse lookup to get an address, and drive out to check out a car/bike etc in the driveway before I ever called about it. Now because everyone has a cell phone, it's nearly impossible to get a street address from a number in a classified ad. I'd put that in the "more privacy" column...

Here's my little smart. Parked below the 101 freeway at work. (about 3 blocks south of the smart dealership in San Francisco)

Looks like a photo stitching problem on that left rear wheel. :o

Judging by some of the road construction a block away, this image was taken 8-10 weeks ago.

For a good dose of USA privacy paranoia watch FRONTLINE Spying on the Home Front.

Edited by saronian

Heh, I drove right by there in late August! Stopped at the dealer too.