Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SellWhatYouWant.com

Anyone from California on here?

9 posts in this topic

I remember watching a video of about 100 Smart cars somewhere in SoCal. I believe it was an enthusiast group of 100 Smart cars at some dealer with a group drive and dinner. Anyone know about this event?

I am currently in Orange County "Kalyfornia". I think the event that you are referring to was the celebration of the 10th anniversary of the smart car. It was held at Roger Penske's flagship Mercedes Benz dealership (sells smarts also) in West Covina CA. The event was put on be the SoCal Smarties club. After the speeches and the cutting of a great looking birthday cake, a convoy of smarts left to go on a run. To me the high light was that the local police closed off all the streets so that all the smarts could get to the freeway in one solid stream. Quite a sight to see. If I recall I was the only 450 that was there. The only downside was that I had a flat tire on my way home and ruined the tire. Thank goodness I carry a spare.

Hi, I know for certain of 2 smarts in LA, they're in my driveway< unfortunately, both run on gas, but it's still good to have a dream >Have 5, going on 6, friends who are "with smart", as wellhave yet to manage to all get together at one time, in one placebut when we do meet somewhere, we try to "formation park"CAUTION:when in Santa Monica, do not think for a moment that the parking enforcement peoplewill look kindly upon 2 smarts parked parallel, with bumpers to the curbAside from that, it's true, in a smart, there really are more smiles per miles,even in LACM

DPF_regen.pdf

I visited there in August this year and last, very nice. It was a little warm inland in Thousand Oaks though, 45 degrees C (113 degrees F). We were in our light blue Mercedes B 200.

Edited by Mike T

Just arrived in Anaheim RV park (disneyland). There are TWO Alberta 450 CDI's here. One in a toyhauler and the other trailered, neither folks know each other. Sigh....kinda makes me miss my twins. :(

Edited by John & Angela