Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smart142

Another one bites the dust!

13 posts in this topic

On Monday Grandstyle #105 slid on some black ice, went backwards into a ditch and then flipped over, coming to rest on it's wheels.No injuries to the driver, but I'm sure it will be written off.The previous owner, Nelson- wee dsl, I'm sure will be turning over in his grave. He loved that car!!

post-35-1260415872_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260415971_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416117_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416162_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416176_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416190_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416203_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416218_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416229_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416241_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416251_thumb.jpg

post-35-1260416260_thumb.jpg

Ouch. Hope everyone is OK.Let us know if it will be parted out. There are some neat bits on the grandstyle.

Bridgestones, but the rears were at the wear bars.The last driver was known to push things to the limit. The smart was owned by a company, and none of the guys there had a great love for the smart. Back to the F150'S and Hummers for them.

Good to read the driver is alright. Shame they had to write-off a Grandstyle.Is anyone thinking of buying the wreck? The heated leather seats would be nice to have.

Seats, door pockets and cards, pods, warning triangle, steering wheel, softouch shifter, and more. The mirrors are gone, pity. If the interior isn't too trashed and the drivetrain didn't get clobbered, this would be a good parts car.

Actually, Glenn: if you decide to buy the wreck for the engine (for Gina's little sister), maybe we can all help you defray some costs by buying other parts we want or need.

Bridgestones, but the rears were at the wear bars.

...Probably LM-18's. Garbage and useless in this weather. I know because I have that same condition :( for another 2h anyway :D-Iain

What a shame. At least it wasn't a cabrio.Lots of tasty parts. The tridion took quite a beating.

Hi GlenI saw WeeDiesel 545 PM at Wharncliffe and Oxford on Tuesday evening,.I thought he may be heading for the Labatt tour.The Crash must be after that on tuesday.Danny

Ouch indeed! The upholstery is so beautiful on those cars! And the roof - the sliding glass moonroof - absolute fave!!!

If its being parted out, maybe you and Les McDonald could get together. Your engine and his car could be advantageous for someone looking for a good car!Robert