Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pinhead19

Aftermarket Block Heater Cables

40 posts in this topic

Got the cable of Friday and it works great! Very well built and handled 1500W no problem! Highly recommended!

Cold Weather Bump.Shipping all orders expresspost, if not the day it is ordered the following day.Happy Winter!

:icon_confused: Embarrassing question; can anyone get me the pin out of the factory cable?My other half had the smart today (I had to take the dog to the vet)....last thing I told her was to unplug the car before leaving for work......So she did - she unplugged it from the wall and drove off trailing the cable until "running over" it tore it from the front socket in the "bumper"!!! :o I've got all the parts but one of those infernal little pin thingies is broken off in the cable end. The screw-on part parted from the rest of the Amphenol connector and probably saved the lower bumper.....If I can find a little pin I can put this all back together; I just need someone to take an ohmmeter to their complete cable to tell me which of the three pins fits into which of the 7 possible pin holes.... Failing that I guess I can pull the battery cover off and reverse engineer the bumper to battery side.Thanks in advance, :) MZ

Ordered a Connect and Forget from here yesterday after MB told me it would cost $187. It can't arrive soon enough since it's supposed to be -26 here in Edmonton tonight. Is anybody able to let me know the delivery wait time?So glad to have found this posting!

Well those sneaky water heater rental crooks stole my fire pit from my back yard, but I still got the burning hole!

I also made the foolish mistake of driving off with the heater still pluged in and discovered the mistake whilst driving, running over the exstension cord and ripping it out of the harness. I lost the cord so i replaced it, however I set off the electrical breaker when I now plug in the block heater, on inspection I damaged some pins, that being the case, can one replace pins, just the connector or is the entire block heater harness needing replacing? Is this a difficult task?

I am confused as to why the set and forget cable is worth $20 more, what are the cons/pros for each ?

Edited by kilimats

I am confused as to why the set and forget cable is worth $20 more, what are the cons/pros for each ?

I own the set and forget and I think it will come in handy as a quick unplug, the 90 degree connector I suspect makes this one more exspensive, however it allows you to tuck it behind the fin on the front spoiler, very intelligent design.

I own the set and forget and I think it will come in handy as a quick unplug, the 90 degree connector I suspect makes this one more exspensive, however it allows you to tuck it behind the fin on the front spoiler, very intelligent design.

so the SMART connector takes longer to unplug ? (never tried myself)Also, I'm thinking the set and forget plug would avoid damage if the driver forget to unplug it before driving away..correct ?

so the SMART connector takes longer to unplug ? (never tried myself)Also, I'm thinking the set and forget plug would avoid damage if the driver forget to unplug it before driving away..correct ?

That is precisely why I purchased this product last winter I drove off with my car plugged in and did some dammage to the pins when I eventually ran over the cord and it was ripped from the front of he car, thankfully the pins although bent were bent back into position as well the threaded housing was damaged. I also had the bad habit of leaving the cap off the pin outlet which caused the pins to corrode, this way the pins are always enclosed with the set and forget. This is much simpler to just plug in.

Yeah the right angle connector is $17 more, there is a plastic plug cover for the standard plug $2.15, And I have to cut and strip the power cable.The biggest pro for the connect and forget is the connector on the front of the car stays sealed all winter, and you don't have to fumble with the cover every morning. If you are plugging it in at two different locations you don't need to carry your special cable around, you can just have two extension cords.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More