Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FUD-140

Sprinter And Smart

18 posts in this topic

I know this is not the right blog for Mercedes Sprinter, but because I am selling smart and Sprinter I am very excited about this. Maybe we can make a deal as well- you buy 5 Sprinter and get 1 smart for free for your company??????Mercedes-Benz Lone Star Calgary10 Heritage Meadows Rd, S.E.Calgary, Alberta, T2H 3C1, 403-253 1333 Holger cell 403-470 7073 Introducingthe Mercedes–Benz Sprinter is back where he always belonged, back to his roots, to the Mercedes-Benz Family here in Canada.As of January 2010 we are offering the 15 different versions of the Sprinter Van. They all will have the most fuel efficient Diesel in his class a 6 Cylinder, 188 HP, Bluetech, with 325 lb-ft, 5 speed automatic, which is fulfilling even the newest emission guidelines for 2010. His fuel consumption with 21.7-24.4 mpg HWY is again best in his class and 25,4% better then the Ford E-Series. Cheaper to drive and cheaper to maintain then the competitor vans.The Sprinter is the safest Van in the market and has everything you expect from a Mercedes. It comes with ABS, adaptive ESP, 2 Airbags, adjustable Steering Wheel and much more.Best in class cargo capacity, best in class payload, best in class interior height and best in class turning radius are just some more nice things the Sprinter can offer.The Sprinter will come with 3 years/60000km warranty as well as 5 year/160000 km for the Diesel engine. We know time is money for you so come in for a Test drive or call me and I will personal bring you a Sprinter to your jobsite to let you Test drive this incredible vehicle.Starting at $42,900 (plus freight, PDI, GST) up to $53,900 we will be $2,300-$5,300 lower than the 2009 Dodge Sprinter pricing.Call me now to arrange a Test drive Holger 403-470 7073

post-1221-1260552152_thumb.jpg

post-1221-1260552173_thumb.jpg

post-1221-1260552199_thumb.jpg

The Sprinter vans are great vehicles, (and economical to run),but in my opinon are still TOO expensive to buy.They remind me of the Volkswagen's 'Eurovans', and 'Westphalia Campers'.They were also great vehicles, in some ways, but as time went on, they couldn't compete with the Dodge minivans, and all the other competitors' vans.

The Sprinter vans are great vehicles, (and economical to run),but in my opinon are still TOO expensive to buy.

Compared to what? There really is nothing on the road that can do the same thing that I can think of off the top of my head.Price out a diesel full size truck or van with the conversions to make it the same capacity and I doubt it will be anywhere near as cheap.I would like to know what the towing capacity of the Sprinter is though. If it could tow enough, it would make a great tow vehicle for a small racecar and have some living quarters inside. Edited by MightyMouseTech

Too bad Ford didn't bring the Transit over in diesel configuration - might help bring the sticker price down on the Sprinter ;) Most of the municipalities out here are now using the Sprinter - both because it is comparable in cost to a step van and has better fuel economy.Cheers,Cameron

Compared to what? There really is nothing on the road that can do the same thing that I can think of off the top of my head.Price out a diesel full size truck or van with the conversions to make it the same capacity and I doubt it will be anywhere near as cheap.I would like to know what the towing capacity of the Sprinter is though. If it could tow enough, it would make a great tow vehicle for a small racecar and have some living quarters inside.

+1Same thought as race transporter.Comparing with ML, GL cdi. The van could have my whole karting set-up inside.

It's a very cool vehicle. Although, marks to Ford for actually bringing their economy version over.

Now that we've had the Sprinter and the "Dodge" version around for a couple of years, I'm shocked to see how prone they are to rust. Sure aren't powder coating them.Lots of dead headlights too, wonder if they use the same old bulbs the early smarts were equipped with.Ian

If any one is looking for more information on the Sprinter in Vancouver BC they can contact me and I would be happy to send on all information regarding price ordering etc.Jeffrey NelsonMercedes-Benz Richmond778-840-1319

Question: Is the Sprinter now coming under the Mercedes marque, because Chrysler is bringing over the (Fiat) Dóblo to compete with the Transit? ie, Chrysler buys the Sprinters from Benz, puts a Dodge sticker on it... but since they're bringing the Dóblo, Mercedes goes "screw you!" and takes back what's theirs?-Iain

That could be whats happening.I see a LOT of 'Dodge' Sprinters around our city.If Dodge no longer sells them,i think they will lose a lot of money.If Mercedes-Benz are going to be the only one selling them, perhaps they won't sell well,as some people may have concerns about high Mercedes-Benz service costs.The Sprinter may have a higher selling price if sold through Mercedes-Benz.

Too bad Ford didn't bring the Transit over in diesel configuration - might help bring the sticker price down on the Sprinter ;) Most of the municipalities out here are now using the Sprinter - both because it is comparable in cost to a step van and has better fuel economy.Cheers,Cameron

Hi, the Transit with the diesel engine would likely have a wait list here, almost comparable to the smartimagine that kind of fuel economy & versatility< oh, that's right, the rest of the world already does >CM

I like the Transit a lot.The diesel version would be terrific.This 'little'(?) vehicle is so versatile. It could have a 'motorhome' conversion as well.It's usefull enough to also be a 'family' vehicle as well.It's a great vehicle for businesses/advertising,and small enough to slip through dense traffic.It's not quite as small as a Japanese mini-truck/van, but large enough to appeal to Americans!.It seems a little bit pricey,in my opinion,though.Ford was 'smart' to bring it over here from Europe.It's too bad they can't/won't (or) build/design stuff like this in North America.Maybe its vehicles like this ,that may FINALLY convince Americans that they don't have to always drive huge gas-guzzlers.

Edited by PrairieBoy

The Ford Transit is the F150 of the "rest of the world," having been one of Ford's best- and most-consistent-selling models for the last 40 years. The "Transit Connect" we're getting is not a Transit, though, but one version of a huge model family based on the (European) Focus platform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Transit

That could be whats happening.I see a LOT of 'Dodge' Sprinters around our city.If Dodge no longer sells them,i think they will lose a lot of money.If Mercedes-Benz are going to be the only one selling them, perhaps they won't sell well,as some people may have concerns about high Mercedes-Benz service costs.The Sprinter may have a higher selling price if sold through Mercedes-Benz.

THat's ok.. a lot of them have MB grilles (~$300 mod).

I really love those Mercedes Sprinters. I could drive one all day long...If anyone hears of a part-time shuttle/cargo driver job using a Merc Sprinter in the GTA to Waterloo area please let me know :icon_mrgreen:

Edited by charlesbronson

The eurovan from VW was only $23000 the last model year it was offered, 1997. Basically the same price as the econoline and savanna full size offerings, not more money. It was basic, no automatic or air condioning, probably its downfall for this market. Dodge is no longer offering Sprinters, it was killed as part of their restructuring/bankruptcy. They seem to be reliable work vehicles but were did the fuel economy go? My full size Dodge 1 ton with cummins diesel gets 10L/100km everyday, closer to 11 when towing 5000lbs (29mpg average). And it has basically no limits to towing, not 5000 like the sprinter. It doesn't drive nearly as well though (noise, stiff ride, poor driving position).The rust issue is not the vehicle, it is the abuse they get. I have witnessed many clean Sprinters with huge miles, just like the eurovans, and seen some beat up rusty ones that had a hard life, not the vehicles fault.I wonder how much cursing will go on at the Mercedes dealer, these trucks probably don't fit on many hoists!

Thought the Transits I saw at the Ford lots looked way different then the ones in more automotively developed parts of the world (Mexico - Costa Rica) LOL.Brazil is still producing the 1970's type VW Bus with a water cooled engine - they are an unbelievable amount of them down there and they have a reputation for being rock solid - I was thinking - Geez don't any of the old Volks Vans ever die down here? Asked a guide - he said you can still buy a new one - and the price was well under $20k Cnd. They get pretty good mileage too compared to the NA stuff and run on alcohol blends.I guess we are just too sophisticated for good mileage and advanced features such as alternate fuel - like they have in the rest of the world. Cheers,Cameron