Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iamlaurajane

A & B Service In Vancouver --quotes

11 posts in this topic

I thought it may be helpful to put out some of the quotes I got today on A & B service in Vancouver BC:Mercedes Broadway: A $185 +taxB $235 +taxMercedes Richmond:A $240 +tax ---I'm guessing he misquoted, its quite high!B $280 +taxMercedes Benz Marine Drive:A $120 +taxB $250 +taxFlying Tiger Richmond:A $100 +taxB $200 +taxSo, I'm definitely going with Eddie at Flying Tiger, his prices not only are reasonable, but he's very informative on the phone. Since my warranty just ran out on my new car, Flying Tiger makes sense. Hope this is helpful! :)

That's interesting. I would have expected the costs to be the same for all corporate dealerships. The checklist of maintenance items is fixed for both A and B services so labor rate and parts cost must be the variables. Totally unexpected. Could someone explain the price variance?

That's interesting. I would have expected the costs to be the same for all corporate dealerships. The checklist of maintenance items is fixed for both A and B services so labor rate and parts cost must be the variables. Totally unexpected. Could someone explain the price variance?

The fixed-price-across-the-network thing was introduced a few years back as a "customer retention" scheme, after getting many, many complaints. The corporate stores kept to it at first, but the privately owned stores, though encouraged and cajoled by MB/smart Canada not to do so, set their own (higher) rates. So the fixed-price model died a rapid death. And customer retention? :dunno: How's that workin' out for ya?

The fixed-price-across-the-network thing was introduced...but the privately owned stores...set their own (higher) rates. So the fixed-price model died a rapid death.

I'm puzzled. Under these circumstances wouldn't most customers choose to pay less at the corporate shops for the exact same service thereby forcing the franchises to lower their prices in order to retain business?

I'm puzzled. Under these circumstances wouldn't most customers choose to pay less at the corporate shops for the exact same service thereby forcing the franchises to lower their prices in order to retain business?

:dunno:

I don't claim to completely understand the business case here but there are a lot of factors in play, including:

[*]some customers don't think they can take their car to another dealer without voiding warranty

[*]smart is a mandatory add-on "Tiny Tim" brand to an otherwise high-margin luxury car dealership

[*]CFOs have target ROIs to hit across the stores' profit centres and discounted service rates just don't make it

[*]philosophically, many MB/smart dealerships don't want to retain the bothersome "underclass" clientèle anyway

Bil :sun:

Well, this underclass client would prefer to deal with a smart dealership that's separate from MB and its upperclass atmosphere.

Well, this underclass client would prefer to deal with a smart dealership that's separate from MB and its upperclass atmosphere.

No such thing in Canada, cousin. Look for a good dealer and when you find them, hold on!

B :sun:

I thought all the new Smart 451 I saw at the dealers came with free maintenance for 2 years??? I guess not everyone offered it??