Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Worker Not

Hid Headlights

4 posts in this topic

I have already replaced EIGHT headlights in the past 4 years. My car, a 2005 Passion, has been driven less than 35K. I have tried every kind of bulb from $40.00 each to less than $7.00 each.The kit that I am looking at is an EFX HID DIGITAL Headlight Upgrade Conversion Kit. They have a lifetime warantee on the "bulbs" and the ballasts. All wiring is plug and play. Has anyone tried this type of "bulb" and what is your opinion of them. Is there any otheroptions. Cost is not a factor!!!!!!! Anything is better than having to remove the $&*%@%** front panel every time. I can't do it thru the vents.

I have already replaced EIGHT headlights in the past 4 years. My car, a 2005 Passion, has been driven less than 35K. I have tried every kind of bulb from $40.00 each to less than $7.00 each.

The kit that I am looking at is an EFX HID DIGITAL Headlight Upgrade Conversion Kit. They have a lifetime warantee on the "bulbs" and the ballasts. All wiring is plug and play. Has anyone tried this type of "bulb" and what is your opinion of them. Is there any other

options. Cost is not a factor!!!!!!! Anything is better than having to remove the $&*%@%** front panel every time. I can't do it thru

the vents.

Mike T gave me a hand installing an HID kit like that this fall and I have mixed feelings about them, although for me, the pluses outweigh the minuses.

The obvious minus is that, because we're putting a fuzzy plasma-discharge bulb into a reflector designed for point-generation lights, it results in a less-than-sharp-edged beam. It's harder to aim the lights (reminds me I've got to find another 1/4 drive, M6 hex key for adjusting) and the stray light can bother/distract oncoming drivers. I've also read that some people have had troubles with these hotter lights damaging the clear light-pod cover :dunno:

The biggest plus (for me) is... I CAN SEE! The lights are brighter by a serious order of magnitude, reaching further into the dark, with a more penetrating colour of light. I chose 5,000 kelvins. Cooler than the OEM lights, but not blue enough to attract unwanted attention.

The bonus is that that you mentioned: no more niggling bulb replacement (I hope!)

In sum: it was a good decision for me. YMMV.

HTH,

Bil :sun:

i recommand VVME.comused them on previous cars and they are great! also lots of great reviews from other car clubs.