Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
planedriver

Where To Buy A Scangauge In The Gta?

19 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. As luck would have it the Performance shop down the block carries them I'll have mine by 9am tomorrow. I got the Ecometer. If I find i want more then I'll get a Scangauge and put this one in the wife's Civic.Thanks for the 100mpg link.Happy holidays.

Not familiar with the Ecometer. Does it have the same capabilities as the scan gauge? price?

Doesn't have anywhere near the functions of the scanguage.

The ecometer looks good but is only able to monitor:

Instantaneous Fuel Economy, Average Fuel Economy, Digital Tachometer with Instantaneous Fuel Economy, Digital Speedometer with Instantaneous Fuel Economy

The scan gauge is able to monitor:

* Fuel Economy

* Fuel Rate

* Battery Voltage

* Coolant Temperature

* Engine Speed (RPM)

* Vehicle speed (KPH)

* Manifold Pressure

* Engine Load

* Throttle Position (not applicable to smart)

* Ignition Timing (not applicable to diesel smart)

* Open/Closed Loop (not applicable to diesel smart)

Trip Computer - Automatically tracks four sets of trip data - Each with 11 individually stored parameters.

* Maximum Speed

* Average Speed

* Maximum Coolant Temperature

* Maximum RPM

* Driving Time

* Driving Distance

* Fuel Used

* Trip Fuel Economy

* Distance to Empty

* Time to Empty

* Fuel to Empty

and

* Reads Trouble Codes

* Reads conditions that set the Trouble Code

* Clears Trouble Codes* Turns off the “Check Engine” light

* Make and store up to 10 rewritable special codes

to send to the vehicle computer

I love to have the ability to read the trouble codes. Has saved me many trips to the dealer.

Sometimes less is more....Although, after reading about it I would say the ecometer is just less.I have a scangauge installed in my car. It is very powerful. Clearly more effort was put into function than fashion... Looks like the ecometer might have had the exact inverse design approach... It does look pretty cool.

Doesn't Princess Auto sell it? I saw it on sale for less than $100 sometime in the summer but I think their regular price is $150.

Just installed it, looks good, and does what I needed it to do. $85 at the local performance shop around the corner. Mounts nice too. I like the idea of the scangauge but did not want to spend the $180 plus tax for it. Not to mention a decent looking wireless hidden way to install it.I only wanted it for MPG's. I have a tach and a speedometer so those option are just bonus to me. Oil Press and Water temps are always nice though.Cheers.

Good stuff, If you can, take a short video of your install and show us how it went in and how it works. What shop did you get yours from?? I'm in Toronto often enough that I might go have a look.

Yeah, that really is unfortunate (MPG only), because the packaging looks really good. A lot better than the Scangauge.About the features: Some people don't care so much about features on paper as they do about aesthetics. This gauge looks a lot better from a hardware standpoint than the Scangauge, even though the Scangauge has more features.Different strokes for different folks!-Iain

The only thing I would have done differently is have the gauge "neutral" (ie, one green light at top dead centre), and then have it move more toward the right if you're dong well, and more into the red (left) if you're doing bad. As it is right now, if you're doing "semi-good", you're going to max out the green, which gives a false impression of doing well. Doing the best right now yeilds only one green LED.

Still, looks like a good, cheap alternative!

-Iain

There are numerous MPG computers on the market. The only other I am considering trying is twice the price of a Scangauge, but I need to find a review of it first. The last time I trialed a new unit, I may as well have lit the money on fire!!If Scangauge come out with Version III, watch out!!