Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guinness

How To Change Headlight Bulbs

11 posts in this topic

I was reading the manual regarding changing bulbs on the 451's headlights but the instructions were too descriptive (all text). Since I am more of a visual guy, its kind of hard for me to understand.

I came across this website and it has very good explaination (with photos) on the proper procedures. Hopefully this will help out those who seeks to replace lightbulb, install HIDs or LEDs later down the road.

Link as follow:

http://www.evilution.co.uk/188

Edited by Guinness

I was reading the manual regarding changing bulbs on the 451's headlights but the instructions were too descriptive (all text). Since I am more of a visual guy, its kind of hard for me to understand. I came across this website and it has very good explaination (with photos) on the proper procedures. Hopefully this will help out those who seeks to replace lightbulb, install HIDs or LEDs later down the road.Link as follow:http://www.evilution.co.uk/188

Great find and thanks for sharing! ;) Edited by Benggolf
1 person likes this

Evilution is definitely one of the best online resources for us. If you haven't yet, I would suggest you take the time to explore it! There are many tips and tricks that could save you a lot of money on there. ...I think they like donations too :smile_anim:

1 person likes this

Well, my 451 at 19700 kms, both low beams dead....... Cynthia was getting high-beamed yesterday, so likely they both went quickly one after the other. Replaced with Helia Optilux on passenger side (had 1), and a spare OEM on driver side. The Helia are a great long lasting bulb.451 = WAY easier to change than the 450

1 person likes this

Changing a burnt out headlight on my 451 was super simple - I took it to the dealer and they changed BOTH sides under warranty - there were 17000 km and 17 months on the car.

When searching this site I found a post advising that headlight bulbs were covered for more than two years (of course I can't find it now!!). I took the smart in and yes it was covered. While I wias there they also replaced the other headlight, which had not failed - all at no cost (washed the car too).

Edited by J&J

For those of you who got their headlights changed under warranty, I assume they didn't make you pay for the bulb?? I just went to get mine done, I mentioned to them that it still may be covered under warranty, he looked at me funny told me I'd still have to pay for the bulb, took my keys and went to go fix it.... The other day I had called ahead, they asked for my vin number saying some 2011s aren't covered anymore but some are still covered. This guy today didn't ask me for my vin, nor was it on the receipt.

He also changed only one. I see most of you got both done when you went in.

I know my car still has until at least September for warranty.... And only has 22,000kms

Just curious, thanks

I paid $15 dollars for the one bulb, which isn't totally unreasonable considering they changed it for free.

I think bulbs are considered to be "wear and tear" items.