Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

5,057 posts in this topic

We have a similar thread on fitfreak so maybe I'll start one here...Went to Flying Tiger to say hi to Eddy... and end up getting spacers and Sprint Boost Stage 2....was going to get new rims but didnt bring cheque.. Damage DONE~

I washed the salt off mine.But in previous years I bought European fenders, wide wheels and tires from Eddy, factory cruise from Eddy and a few other things.

Sorry I started this! I think Guinness was looking for actual modifications.....

Sorry I started this! I think Guinness was looking for actual modifications.....

In that case, I might replace my wiper refills this afternoon..

Over the weekend: "Leather" inside door pulls (Michalak). De Dion tube caps (RS-Parts). Silver mirror caps (Michalak). Will likely do the brakes (EBC Turbo Groove discs and Green Stuff pads) this coming weekend.Starting another small project, but will wait for the garage to warm up a bit to avoid snapping plastic.

My car is getting a few new parts over the next few days, as a M-B tech dropped it off a hoist.

Holy Crap! OUCH!!! Hopefully just superficial damage.

Windshield, scratched panels, I have not seen the injuries for myself as of yet. Tomorrow I go to pick up a loaner and inspect the damage.

Edited by Huronlad

Mods? Does stereo, amp, sub, speakers, de-hipped, LED tail lights, side markers (front LED side marker modified for turn and marker), LED turn lights in the headlights and second horn count?Robert

1 person likes this

Actually, it doesnt have to be mod work. That why I am surprised how this thread end up here.Just wanna see what people did with their smart car today: a wash, a drive, even a hug is ok =P

My car is getting a few new parts over the next few days, as a M-B tech dropped it off a hoist.

OMG, that is so random. Lucky no one got hurt.. sorry about your smart though Edited by Guinness

The tech was lifting it up when it fell off the back of the lift and then the front of the car came off, the tech was well out of the way. A 3 or 4 foot fall, I have no idea what kind of suspension damage might have been done.

Thats terrible,what they did to your car!! Falling off the lift, from three or four feet high could cause some SERIOUS damage to your smart.I think they should be buying you a BRAND NEW CAR!!!You should be getting Mercedes-Benz involved,and i mean WAY ABOVE the dealership level.

Edited by PrairieBoy

The tech was lifting it up when it fell off the back of the lift and then the front of the car came off, the tech was well out of the way. A 3 or 4 foot fall, I have no idea what kind of suspension damage might have been done.

:o ...no words man, no words. That is horrific. Humans make mistakes, but when it's a big company like MB, yeah - they should totally roll out the carpet for you and make right.-Iain

My car was at the body shop so I have not seen it. They tell me it survived the fall? I am mainly concerned about the suspension and engine mounting bolts, I don't expect too much else would be structurally compromised.I have an 09 as a loaner, it it just not the same as the 450, the crawl feature is the devil and the all-season tires are greatly lacking. It is nice having proper heat though.

After driving Guinness' car with the Stage 2 Sprint Booster, I was sold on it. Bought one for myself yesterday and will install it shortly. :P

Edited by Benggolf

Haven't done a thing as my Sadie is parked for the winter.I do say hello to her every morning, but until the temp is constantly above zero and with pile of snow blocking her in melts she is hibernating for the winter.I do have a smart charger (no pun intended) hooked up and she is plugged in on a timer so she gets a trickle charge for 3 hours a day until spring.

Thats terrible,what they did to your car!! Falling off the lift, from three or four feet high could cause some SERIOUS damage to your smart.I think they should be buying you a BRAND NEW CAR!!!You should be getting Mercedes-Benz involved,and i mean WAY ABOVE the dealership level.

^^Agree~ I wouldn't take my car back if it fell off 3 to 4 feet. Period. Think about all the problems it may have later down the road, and who is going to pay for it? I don't want to drive my car when all of a sudden the front / or the back, falls off~

After driving Guinness' car with the Stage 2 Sprint Booster, I was sold on it. Bought one for myself yesterday and will install it shortly. :P

I can finally have the bragging rights for having STAGE 2 "turbo" to my GTI friends (jk)