Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

5,057 posts in this topic

Drove into work holding my door closed, the dealership fouled up my 2 or 3 month old driver's door latch. After work I will return the car to them so they can fix it.

Two weeks ago I had my 2005 Passion Coupe in a shop to have LAMBO doors installed. A normal installation takes about 3 to 4 HOURS. The company, Vertical Doors Inc. makes kits for the 451's but not for the 450's. I talked to the owner and he stated that he had done a special order for a client that had a 450. He was willing to install a similar kit for my car if I was willing to pay the price to have the custom work done. The reason he does NOT market a 450 kit is that the nose cone panel has to be cut to accept the specially designed 450 hinges needed to install the vertical doors. A large section has to be removed right where the ugly amber side marker lights are located. I agreed to everything. To make a long story short I picked up my car yesterday after waiting two weeks. I have to return the car on January 25 to have fibreglass work done to cover the exposed hinges.Oh yes, previously I purchased a dash cover and installed it after I got the car home.

^ Wow, limbo doors to a smart, thats a lot of work...~

I just took off the front end of my 451 and installed a Borsh Low pitch HORN to company the OEM high pitch. I also tried to install the Brabus Black headlights but one of the projectors are damaged... I woul dhave to send it back to where I brought it from and wait for another 2-3 weeks =\

Edited by Guinness

What's a low pitch "hore" sound like?

Would that be a transvestite? :PSo I guess,[James Earl Jones Voice]Hey baby.......wanna party?[/James Earl Jones Voice]LOL Edited by MightyMouseTech

lol i installed HID bought from smartmadnessinstalled winters AFTER the snow storm =/oh and a big long warmy bath!

My friend installed 9 sheets of Dynomat Extreme into the car. Took 6 hours of hard work but was well worth the effort~! No more road noise, no more engine noise, factory speakers sound a lot more clear now~ =D

Did you take any pictures of the mods? I was thinking of doing that also. Is there any thing would suggest? What is the thickness of that material? Did you look at other materials or different manufacturers?Jeff

The car probably uses 1.0 L/100 Km more now! I got a Dynamat Extreme door kit to deaden my espresso machine and that 16"x24" piece weighs 5 lbs.!

Beautiful sunshine, no wind and 0 Celsius today, so I gave my car a bath for the first time since Xmas week. Though the heavy rain we got mid-January helped a bit, the salt crud was so thick that flakes of it flew all over the place every time I slammed the tailgate.I wanted to finally install the mirror caps, but the urethane glue in the kit had dried up. So I'll be heading to CarQuest tomorrow for a tube. Tonight I'll pop in the de dion tube caps.

I put my new spin on oil filter conversion kit on today.I had a buddy bring it back from B.A.T. in Sarasota,Florida. They gave it to him for $80.00 U.S. if he paid cash.The machining is excellent on their product.I fitted it with a PH 3593 A @ $4.39 CDNMy 05 CDI now holds 3 Litres of Mobil 0W40 and still shows 3/16" under full on the dip stick!Thanks for the links on the other thread SameGuy (Montreal)E.B.

Edited by ETHICAL BEEF

Great! The filter you used is the same one (Fram Synthetic) that's been recommended to me by a couple of people. The Mocal finishing is indeed really good.

To answer the original thread title, I drive it 1250 km today. Average speed: 110 km/h.

I put my new spin on oil filter conversion kit on today.I had a buddy bring it back from B.A.T. in Sarasota,Florida. They gave it to him for $80.00 U.S. if he paid cash.The machining is excellent on their product.I fitted it with a PH 3593 A @ $4.39 CDNMy 05 CDI now holds 3 Litres of Mobil 0W40 and still shows 3/16" under full on the dip stick!Thanks for the links on the other thread SameGuy (Montreal)E.B.

What is the part number for the Mocal filter adapter? I have Mocal oil coolers on my racecar and they are top notch! And what is the application listing for oil filters for it? I would love to put one of these on, anything to increase the capacity is a good thing.Edit: Nevermind, found it. It is part # FC8741. http://97.74.103.94/files/spinon.pdfLooks like they only come with the metric M20 thread now, and doing some searching, it looks like Honda filters work. That is VERY convenient for me! :) Looks like I will use OEM Honda S2000 filters. Pretty much every Honda made since 1989 uses the same filter, and the OEM filter for the S2000 is a higher flow rate, higher capacity version. (helpfull tip for those who drive a Honda, the S2000 filter can be used on pretty much any car, and is a much better filter) Edited by MightyMouseTech

Yep, and BAT in Sarasota is top-notch, too. Technology-wise, very backwards -- you have to fax an order form with a CC number -- but superb service. Have it sent to your Oggie mail drop, and it'll be there in a couple of days.Yes, the M20 is the one you want as it uses the standard Honda sizes: K&N HP-1004, Mobil 1 104, Bosch 3312, Fram 3593, etc.

Over the past weekend, Glenn and I (mostly Glenn, 'cause he's the talented one) installed LED side marker lights / side signal lights, made the change to Euro signals and kept the original front signals as well, oil and filter change, changed (added) a cabin filter and added a wiper arm washer nozzle.

Weeeeeeeeeeee! Now i can see and with 2 front signal lights on each side, now I can be seen too :D

Almost forgot, we went yard-saleing on the weekend too. Came home with 2 full sized De-humidifiers plus whatever the wife could carry in her lap. :o

You are what you drive

Ron

'05 smart pulse, '95 Jeep winter-beater, '89 Civic and a gaggle of motorcycles:bike:

post-7529-1266102696_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leadwing

56,000 Km or so right now, and a wear indicator going off.Today I painted the calipers (Duplicolor red), then changed the rotors and pads (EBC Turbo Groove and Green Stuff). The original pads were finished. Well, the inboard pads were completely finished while the outboards are about 70% worn. The upshot is that I've finally banished the damn tinkling from between the rotors and the backing plates, which have bedevilled me for almost two years.Also finally installed the silver Michalak mirror caps I got from smartboy last April, as well as the De Dion end caps from Harald.

I stripped the back end off the Canada 1 and cleaned under the panels, getting rid of the crud from the 5000 km drive. Also I centred the rear licence plate frame, which - like about half of all 450s I see - had it mounted too far to the right.

In preparation for FastEddy's visit to Toronto, I installed a cruise control stalk on my car. Very easy and only takes about 5 minutes.

Edited by Huronlad