Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

5,057 posts in this topic

"I use mine as DRLs too, in fact it was the deciding factor in doing all this work but wired mine to the "hot" wire on my wiper motor harness so they come on with the ignition switch, the down side being there's no way to turn them off!"You could solve this by installing only one relay (a high beam relay that would stay closed when not energized)and a switch. Then activate this relay with the switch that gets its power source from the low beams.Now whenever you turn on your headlights on low beam, you could turn off the DRLs. As soon as you shut off your lights or select high beams when the headlights are on, the DRLs would come back on automatically. In other words, you would have control of the DRLs only when the low beams are on ...Gord

Neat! I'll keep this in mind but first things first, I'm still planning on remapping my engine before the snow flies & have just finished dredging the cr@p out of my EGR valve, the engine seems to run better for it. Edited by strawboss

Washed dryed and waxed the ratAdded 2 new wiper blade inserts, cleaned and oiled air filter, and all ready for a road trip!.

post-3704-1279685533_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1279685554_thumb.jpg

Replaced the original battery in my car with a CT branded spiral cell. New 2 Awg battery ground. Hopefully cold starting this winter will be much improved.post-5864-1279904268_thumb.jpgHave to modify the foam block a little more to get everything back together just right, a 78 instead of a 34.Next week I will get around to replacing the engine ground, while I am fiddling with my waste gate.

Edited by Huronlad

FrancescoSent you a PM but can't get confirmation that it actually went.I'm interested in the CCFL angel eye kit you have.Please let me know if it's still availableThanks2seat

I'm just curious... Do any of you angel-eyers know what the diameter of those rings are? I see they have 24-LEDs, and look very similar to THIS from DealExtreme. At the price from there, I'd be willing to try them out if anyone can tell me if they are the right size...

EDIT: They have a couple different sizes... Does anyone know what diameter would be needed for a 450?

Edited by FlossyTheSmart

All right, I've ordered two of the 80 mm "Angle" eyes. I'll let everyone know if they are worth the $10 for the pair when they arrive (Which will not be for a long time. It's free shipping, but it's ground... from Hong Kong...)

Not a chance. It's typically 3 weeks from purchase to mailbox. They use some sort of extra slow shipping method to cut the cost down.

No, seriously. Ordered something on Saturday the 17th, it arrived Wednesday the 21st. Hong Kong. Free shipping.

One week after ordering from the UK , I had my AngelEyes.I just wanted to add a couple notes on this job. Alto Kane and SameGuy covered it well there are always ways to express something different. The fact that there are 2 separate reflectors in the light pod is apparant when you take it apart. But despite re-reading the instructions multiple time I could not figure how to get the one I wanted out of the pod. The trouble is, it was too simple. Simply pull the part out. It is not held in with any finicky clips that require the dexterity of a 17-yr old. Yeesh who would have thought. It has 3 slide-glides that you re-align when re-inserting it. The pod-lens and the signal-coupling hold it in place, once everything is re-assembled.Another thing ... the micro film that is the reflective surface is VERY delicate and almost ANY cleaner will lift it off after a couple wipes. I soldered my wires into the 'city-light'. The wires pass behind the 2 reflectors, but stay inside the pod. They work with the regular park-light position on the light stalk, if you have the DRL-disabled.

I'm curious, as you remounted the TS lense the reason that you dismantled the TS assembly was to access the internal wiring, correct? If I have reason to go back in to this area I will mount a "diffuser ring" to mute the 'eyes a bit as they are a bit too "harsh" for me even as DRLs.

Looking at your pictures I can't help but notice the ''fried egg'' look of the turn signal bulb as Dang puts it. The silver star bulbs make it look better....click here

Drive down to London next Thursday for our ''smart meet'' and I'll give you a set :D

I see, I'm not a big fan of the orange TS either, maybe Crappy tire has them?Or is that too much to hope for.... :rolleyes:

If anyone is interested, I have several sets of LED Angel Eyes available. Maybe not as cheap as DealExtreme, but I can get them to you within two days (FedEx Priority -- usually next-day delivery). Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Edited by SameGuy

I left the white smart in the garage today and rode the bike to work for the 31st time this year!

installed the factory cruise control stalk in the silver/silver 450 yesterday. Finally! No more tired right leg :)

A few tires to install. A new set of 16" Yokohama S-Drives for the summer, and a new set of Blizzak LM-18's for spring/fall.post-3521-1280515536_thumb.jpg

Edited by MightyMouseTech

Installed the 2005 Honda Civic wipers, but haven't yet polished the glass (maybe this weekend).Now have the nose off, fixing a wiring SNAFU I may have caused when I installed the horns, causing a small short in the right side angel eye. If anybody wants to come check out my sloppy wiring, now's your chance! ;)

You're killing me with those 16" Yokes!

I have to invest in four new snows this year, plus roadster steelies, but I SO want to sell some junk here to get 16" rims and tires.... and a suspension kit.

Fixed the LEDs, but couldn't get under the car to do the final hook-up of the air horns.

Then I FINALLY got around to putting a grille on my lower rad opening. I used a $2 piece of black gutter screen from Rona; it doesn't quite match the mesh in the RS-Parts grille above it, but it's close enough that nobody would notice without crouching and inspecting.