Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

5,057 posts in this topic

Turned mine into a "GT"...... just like that. I also put flat black guards on my sandblasted rear flares. From now on, the former known "Rat" or "Brabisarat" will be known only as the GT or the Brabus GT :P Thank you for your time. ;)

post-3704-1280538147_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1280538166_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1280538198_thumb.jpg

post-3704-1280538221_thumb.jpg

Turned mine into a "GT"...... just like that. I also put flat black guards on my sandblasted rear flares. From now on, the former known "Rat" or "Brabisarat" will be known only as the GT or the Brabus GT :P Thank you for your time. ;)

Nice! How did you do the rear fender guards?B :sun:

Nice! How did you do the rear fender guards?B :sun:

It's a high performance decal vinyl Bil.Um..........Friend of yours clamped on? Edited by Coast Steve

It's a high performance decal vinyl Bil.Um..........Friend of yours clamped on?

Summer in the Okanagan... latest trend in Personal Flotation Device ;):sun:

LOL, Hey there's a new career for you, PFDs with a twist!

Edited by Coast Steve

I dug out the carnuba paste wax & the Rain Dance windshield compound & giverd a good once over.I'll tackle the rust seat pedestal this evening..... but she sure is purdy now.... ;)

You're killing me with those 16" Yokes!

I have to invest in four new snows this year, plus roadster steelies, but I SO want to sell some junk here to get 16" rims and tires.... and a suspension kit.

Hmm, well the 16's MAYBE, and that's a BIG MAYBE, for sale in the not so distant future.......... and I think you may be surprised at how inexpensive they will be (hint: they are NOT genuine BRABUS wheels, yes, it's true, kinda ashamed to admit it now)

I am considering going to the 16"/17" combo with the widestar fenders. Genuine BRABUS this time.

Edited by MightyMouseTech

Changed the abomination smart calls an engine ground strap with a 2 Awg insulated cable. A little more fun than expected. Had to loosen the turbo inlet tube and move it out of the way to get at the bolt fastening the ground strap to the exhaust bracket. Went back together very easily.post-5864-1280966446_thumb.jpg

I washed my car for the first time in about 9 weeks, in preparation for tomorrow's Cruzin' @ the Plunkett estate in London, Ontario.How's that for positive thinking, weatherman !!!

Changed the abomination smart calls an engine ground strap with a 2 Awg insulated cable. A little more fun than expected. Had to loosen the turbo inlet tube and move it out of the way to get at the bolt fastening the ground strap to the exhaust bracket. Went back together very easily.

Cool! Where did you source the cable? Smart Mods?

Got mine at Canuck Tire.

Scrap cable from work. It's good to 7200V. Edited by Huronlad

I've got some #4 gauge that I planned on using to add a 2nd battery to my pickup with & make a set of half decent booster cables later, I wonder if this'll be worth swapping out for my old ground strap?

I washed my car for the first time in about 9 weeks, in preparation for tomorrow's Cruzin' @ the Plunkett estate in London, Ontario.How's that for positive thinking, weatherman !!!

If it rains, we know who to blame :P

I've got some #4 gauge that I planned on using to add a 2nd battery to my pickup with & make a set of half decent booster cables later, I wonder if this'll be worth swapping out for my old ground strap?

If your strap is in the same sad state mine was in, I would highly advise it.

Yeah, it did look sorta corroded I'll wait 'til I'm in there for another reason then change it.Hard to find lugs at a decent price though

Yeah, it did look sorta corroded I'll wait 'til I'm in there for another reason then change it.Hard to find lugs at a decent price though

Is it solid/stranded or weld style cable? Do you have some way to crimp the connectors?

It's welding cable I bought on sale at Princess Auto, I think Crappy tire sells terminals that can be attached w/o special tools

How expensive are the lugs at CT? We use Panduit and Burndy crimp-on barrel lugs at work, smaller sizes maybe $.50 to $1.00 each, the really expensive one get closer to $10 each.

I figured about $5 ea but I just got back from PA & they were less than that.And wouldn't you know it a set of 16 ft 4ga booster cables are going on sale at PA next week for $20,a gate crasher special.....I couldn't make a pair that cheap!

Fabricated a mount for my GPS and SGII. Not 100% happy with the part holding the SGII, I will remake it later to move it further to the left. This should hopefully stop them from being washed out by the sun. I am going to power the GPS from one of the accessory points on the SAM, the OBDII cable is routed under the plastic trim.post-5864-1281136443_thumb.jpgCleaned the car inside and out in anticipation of a mysterious time in Hamilton tomorrow. Also installed my custom mats from Bulgaria.post-5864-1281143548_thumb.jpgpost-5864-1281143567_thumb.jpg

Almost all the way forward, the shade runs into the SGII, I am going to rectify that. I normally have the shade in the middle to block the hot sun or all the way to the back to see out the roof.