Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

5,057 posts in this topic

Well, that would be likely related to some aftermarket roof rack/basket system.....

The car has quite high kms (like 250+ he thinks from my phone call with him)

But the wheels have Vreds on them all the way around.....

The c1 coupe is gone! 

My battery in the passion cab didn't quite have enough juice to do a full clutch relearn (STAR shuts off programming at 11.9 as a safety) but may in the next two days once taxes are done... and I get a charge on it

I may just go get a new battery, if there's one in stock... it was nice to get to use this one for a few days, but it's been poorly maintained and just isn't optimal

Here's a last photo of the two together in my driveway

Izzy and his wife are off to Hope for the day

I dropped off the extra goodies at their friends nearby for a future trip back to EDM

IMG_20180615_091246525.jpg

I just took the passion cab up to Chevron to top off the diesel (keeping it as full as possible, filling every 100 kms - had a sticky blob so trying to make that go away)

We know the car is throwing an EGR code - light is sometimes on, sometimes off.

Finally experienced limp mode, but only with the light off! And then no limp mode after topping up and restarting the engine.

So looks like an EGR delete could be in the car's future (I happen to know the master of this now!), or, have to deal with the issue that causes this.

When I was in BC years ago my smart ''had a sticky blob'' - that went away after a few fill ups in Alberta. Never came back.

TPM in Victoria recommended a diesel additive.

Sticky blob...??? Are we talking about the fuel level float?

Correct! After filling to the brim the fuel indicator would only go to 4 blobs instead of 5.

1 person likes this

Isn't there another issue with over filling the tank..? I think I remember something being said about it? Could that be why my fuel seperator light is partially on...?

probably there's a problem in your Canada e-Box if that's glowing....

You cannot overfill a diesel.

The 5th blob seems to be staying now... yes, it had Howe's in it already, plus Lucas before that. And keeping the fuel at the top and getting all well mixed....

The passion cab continues to intermittently go into limp (without light). So, just make sure not in Automatic mode and it gets around fine til I resolve. And stopping and restarting engine seems to make it go away as well.

strikelines 'on the cheap' with Vreds, although the Vreds are a bit tired, they'll do for now...

strikelines on.jpg

1 person likes this

Strikelines look similar to Spikelines (see far right cabriolet) except 15" instead of 16" and a bit different shape, of which a set in grey were featured on the crossblade (Spikelines also came on roadsters ie: model 452

The canada1 cabrio with the crossblade wheels in this picture was my car at the time

Those wheels sold by themselves to a guy in Ontario

The canada1 coupe in the picture (far left) was then owned by my friend Roy... who then sold it to David, who sold it to me, and now Izzy owns it, so we'll hear from him sometime on it as it makes it's way to Edmonton and gets some things done/updated/deleted etc....

4 canada1 cars.jpg

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, MikeT said:

probably there's a problem in your Canada e-Box if that's glowing....

It started after I bit into a wire down by the battery area in that long yellow plug. I simply picked a ign live wire and sliced into it to trigger a relay for my additional fuse panel. So I'm hoping that is all it is. I have changed the fuel filter just thinking well maybe, nope! I have looked at the silver box which normally people say goes bad, it looks like it's in excellent condition, no corrosion or even signs of it anywhere. The car isn't being effected I don't think by this simple warning light and it's not throwing any codes, so fingers crossed until I set up a additional switch panel on the dash somewhere to turn on or operate anything I add so I do not need to keep driving down to Glenn to get it reflashed or whatever it is that requires the car to operate normally after adding options such as electric mirrors and spot lights etc etc etc.

196,208 kms

Changed the oil way early in the passion cab - after 5 days since the last oil change with mixed driving and some hard driving.... figure with the time it sat (1.5 years?), this might help it, and certainly won't hurt it. Didn't bother with the filter though, but did drain out the bottom.

I also 'little-greened' the interior today and it came out pretty good, plus a quick vacuum, wash and some minimal detailing on the new wheels just to get it looking presentable.

cd changer not working, may have been disconnected so they could get an aux cable installed for a smartphone.

I plan on getting an antenna and going Bluetooth/FM for that, so may get the cd changer working again....

I'd LOVE to have cassette in the car! :o

It's no canada1

But I had a picture taker at Wal-Mart when I picked up another 0w40 jug! The cabriolets are quite the thing with the tops totally taken down, even after all these years.

I wish we could transplant that electric sunroof from the local Grandstyle I scored the Strikelines from and get it into the canada1, along with the Bilstein shocks.

BTW, that grandstyle # 19 of 200 has 225 km on it and runs decent apparently.... it might be able to be had for $2100 bucks now - it was $2500 before I bought the wheels

It now has the correct styleline wheels it came with

If you might be interested, it's in Abbotsford, and I could hook you up with the owner. It'll need a couple fobs, as the one he has is kinda missing some button covers and wouldn't be great long term... or at least get one fob more

And a proper oil change! ;)

The car might also be remapped

And I neglected to check the wiper stalk for cruise, since it apparently has seen Eddy before. But I will do that.

My spare has a sun roof and I entertained that idea for a few weeks. It isn't that difficult if you have a good glass guy handy imho. My issue is, the sun already doesn't like me at the best of times being a redhead so to open up the top even more would be the end of me...lol.  BUT the extra flow of fresh air would be fantastic over aircon imho as I don't use the air now. The head liner from my spare isn't the greatest either which is another reason for me stoping that swap.

BUT if you had all the right ingredients I'd do it for sure!

Wow, what a whirlwind weekend!

Friday:

Left the house at 4:45am to catch the flight to Abbotsford. Met up with Keith to take his Canada1 away from him! Drove to Hope, BC with my wife to check out the Othello Tunnels. Drove back and help Keith check out and eventually put on his Strikeline.

Saturday:

Drove to the Vancouver Aquarium...suddenly got sick with the stomach flu. Limp the rest of the day so not to spoil my wife's 1st trip to Stanley Park. Met up with some old friends and drove down to Maple Falls across the boarder.

Sunday:

Left Abbotsford at 6:30am. Almost got T-bonded in a parking lot by a carless AB driver in Valmount. Didn't puke the entire trip back!

The Canada1 drove as expected. Got a lot of curious looks on the highway. Having cruise control is amazing!

I took back the non-working 2.5 inch side markers and wasn't able to find anything else suitable to exchange them for so I just grabbed another bottle of Howe's diesel conditioner and got a refund for the rest, and then when I went outside to get back in my car I happened to notice this to the south of me and so I wandered over and took a couple pics...

IMG_20180620_161410766.jpg

IMG_20180620_161430177.jpg

IMG_20180620_161419443.jpg

1 person likes this

Hmmm.....so much more aggressive rear fender system for sure.....is this a modified set up or simply the corner reflector knobs removed ..?   Interesting stripe also.....not to mention location of front plate..?    Hmmmm....?  I have that alluminium rear  bumper mod on my spare car......maybe I'll have to study the shape better also...lol.

I think that's the "GT" jonEmash bought from coastalsteve?

If he is the owner, he lives in Kamloops and has a garage full of Smart cars. Met up with him a few years back...I'll have to dig up that pic of his garage. jonEmash hasn't been active on the forum for awhile now.

1 person likes this

The fenders on the rear are actual Brabus wide fenders which a few cars had added by the owners, including MikeT on his original pulse cab in stream green. And if you look close, you will see the Brabus fender extensions also, which many people added on. Those wheels were really expensive!!!

Yes, that is the ex-Coastal Steve car! 

1 person likes this

Today while looking for a scangauge, which I did not end up finding, I came across my box of smart literature, and inside was a decal that I put on my window "no backseat driver on board", plus I found these raised letters / emblems, and the model year 2005 new product manual that I received as a gift from a smart rep

IMG_20180621_201903316_LL.jpg

IMG_20180621_201832924_LL.jpg

I've got all that too and also a spare complete original 2005 "gift bag" that all the early adopters received - compressed "I'm with smart" T-shirt and all.

9 hours ago, smartzuum said:

Today while looking for a scangauge, which I did not end up finding, I came across my box of smart literature, and inside was a decal that I put on my window "no backseat driver on board", plus I found these raised letters / emblems, and the model year 2005 new product manual that I received as a gift from a smart rep

IMG_20180621_201903316_LL.jpg

IMG_20180621_201832924_LL.jpg

OK as corny as it is I like silly stickers,  I may just need to get me one of those no back seat driver on board sticker...lol.

1 person likes this

Last week i was at a Roadster Meeting in Dusseldorf (Germany)
Very nice :D
45 Very nice Roadsters.

3.jpg

1 person likes this