Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,921 posts in this topic

My angel eyes arrived from DealExtreme today... They aren't visibly broken or anything funny, and they don't look particularly shoddily made. I'll give them a quick test and take some pictures this weekend, but I probably won't actually have time to install them until the next...

I also put flat black guards on my sandblasted rear flares.

Nice one! That looks slick and "upgraded stock!" Great job CS. :D

I am going to power the GPS from one of the accessory points on the SAM...Also installed my custom mats from Bulgaria.

Huronlad, I expect a well-documented how-to about powering the GPS from one of the accessory points on the SAM. :DB) Those mats look nice. Are they p/leather? I imagine they're much more easy to clean than the standard smart mats and the oem (bubbly) all-weathers. And just to stay on topic, (a few days ago) I changed the oil and filter (need to find a better quality filter or just invest on the spin on oil filter conversion) and had a crack in the muffler/catalytic converter "barrel" welded closed. Next up, I think the reluctor rings on the rear need to be replaced. :( Edited by briand

Cleaned the wheels, wiped car down with spray detailer, clay-bared the glass and used Adam's Polishes glass sealer. Trying the Adam's Glass Cleaner and Adam's Glass Sealer for the first time. I'll report my findings later :)

Paid TPM to do a major service on the green car, including B scope work and a clutch software update. Nice treat for the workhorse of the family, which is now over 164,000 km.

Just washed the little beast and am heading off to work. I swapped shifts with a part-timer so I can get out by 10:00, then heading up the TCH to Berthierville to meet up with some Club smart du Québec members at the Gilles Villeneuve Museum.

Been there done that, got the T-shirt and helmet sticker. I thought you had quit that club!?

Meh. Life is short.:DMeanwhile, 18 cars showed up. After a quick visit of the museum, we grabbed the ferry to Sorel-Tracy and set up shop in the central square downtown, on the grass near the band stand.I grabbed a couple of quick snapshots, but there will be more on the QC forum. Some pretty nice cars, some with, uh, questionable aesthetic choices, and some way-over-the-top mods. One 451 has all sorts of fancy kit, including Lambo doors.

We took that ferry in 2004 when going to the museum. Small world!

Made the "KLW-mod" to my '02 Coupé today, :rolleyes:

- and as You all probably know, the '02 has a ZEE unit.

I found the whole procedure up to 27% easier as with

the '05 with its SAM unit.

Yours KfL (the almost totally unhumble)

I took CHOCULA to the car wash and then installed my new seat covers from Shear Comfort.

Since they didn't have a brown to match my metallic chocolate exterior, I went with a beige and black combo in neoprene.

Posted Image

post-5263-1282013880_thumb.jpg

Installed a BRABUS front grille, in silver this time, and added an LED black high mount brake light. Both just arrived from Wellsmart Smart Parts Direct.

Edited by MightyMouseTech

Turned our blue smart into Thomas for the grandkids (yes the mod is totally reversible).

post-6201-1282070409_thumb.jpg

Got the new ScanGauge cable yesterday. No troubles with it so far...Bil :sun:

Turned our blue smart into Thomas for the grandkids (yes the mod is totally reversible).

*Shudder*.... I always thought Thomas was really creepy. No offense, and if the grandkids enjoyed it, great. BUT, I always thought he looked like he wouldn't stop if you were in his way, and would cackle evilly...Only slightly offtopic...I'll be installing my angel eyes this coming weekend. Tested them, and they seem to be pretty bright, and all the LEDs work. They don't look shoddily made either.

Got a new RF headlight unit for the white car installed @ TPM because the original one was scratched when the A/C was repaired just over a week ago.

I found some black and grey small collapsible totes for the Smart at Canadian Tire. They fit snuggly and should not move.Part # 199-0185-8 $19.98 per pair.post-8347-1282096012_thumb.jpg post-8347-1282096035_thumb.jpg post-8347-1282096052_thumb.jpg post-8347-1282096065_thumb.jpgNorm

I found some black and grey small collapsible totes for the Smart at Canadian Tire. They fit snuggly and should not move.Part # 199-0185-8 $19.98 per pair.Norm

The look very much like the collapsible boxes from smart. Got two of them a few years back for $13 each, IIRCBil :sun: Edited by bilgladstone

You want to know what I did to my Smart today!!!! I drove it to Niagara Falls and while waiting to go straight through a light some $^&*%^*&^ in an old (read GIGANTIC) Cadillac tromped on his accelerator and clipped the rear driver's side. :angry: Thank goodness he didn't get the light assembly area. So now my almost new to me little Pulse has an very noticeable abrasion - and JUST before the Bayfield parade!!!!! :(

Ish

You want to know what I did to my Smart today!!!! I drove it to Niagara Falls and while waiting to go straight through a light some $^&*%^*&^ in an old (read GIGANTIC) Cadillac tromped on his accelerator and clipped the rear driver's side. :angry: Thank goodness he didn't get the light assembly area. So now my almost new to me little Pulse has an very noticeable abrasion - and JUST before the Bayfield parade!!!!! :(

Ish

Throw the book at him. A really big, heavy, hardcover book!

B :sun:

He was swinging into the left turn lane from right behind me and was gone before I realized what had happened!! :confused: Ish