Guinness

What Did You Do To Your Smart Today?

4,985 posts in this topic

Yikes. Sorry to hear it.

Niagara Falls, huh? That's where I'm going for my tint tomorrow. I'll watch for the caddy and give him dirty looks if I see him.

You want to know what I did to my Smart today!!!! I drove it to Niagara Falls and while waiting to go straight through a light some $^&*%^*&^ in an old (read GIGANTIC) Cadillac tromped on his accelerator and clipped the rear driver's side. :angry: Thank goodness he didn't get the light assembly area. So now my almost new to me little Pulse has an very noticeable abrasion - and JUST before the Bayfield parade!!!!! :(

Ish

Thanks for the sympathy. It was a huge white caddy and I think it was possibly a rag top with the top up. He probably didn't even feel it!!Ish.

You want to know what I did to my Smart today!!!! I drove it to Niagara Falls and while waiting to go straight through a light some $^&*%^*&^ in an old (read GIGANTIC) Cadillac tromped on his accelerator and clipped the rear driver's side. :angry: Thank goodness he didn't get the light assembly area. So now my almost new to me little Pulse has an very noticeable abrasion - and JUST before the Bayfield parade!!!!! :(

Ish

Sorry to hear that :(

Today I stopped by Mercedes to pick up the cd boxes, ordered two and installed them and gave Wee Green a nice cleaning. Tomorrow time for wax, haven't done it since the Spring and it's well past due :)

Brit

Had the tint done. Might have gone darker if I had the chance to do it over, but I'm less likely to be told to remove this shade, so it's likely better for me ;-) Just a quick picture with my phone's camera.Didn't see the caddy.First quick edit to say it was taken with my phone, second to add the image back - quick edit removed.

post-8389-1282251951_thumb.jpg

post-8389-1282252279_thumb.jpg

Edited by sfb

Yes, yes it is. I drove a Focus before this and couldn't use the antenna balls since they would bounce on the top of the car. Another reason I like the Smart. I am thinking about swapping it out for the normal black Walt Disney World ears until Halloween (and maybe Christmas). Just think it would match the car better.Sorry about the duplicate images. I'm done re-editing. The quick edit appeared to remove the picture, but when I did the full-edit two showed up.

Is that Jack Skellington? I have that on my stub of an antenna!

Just soaked my interior. CRAAAAAP.It's been sunny and pleasant -- almost NO humidity -- all day, and when I came home at 1:15 I parked and left the top fully down. I swear I glanced outside ten minutes ago and it was still sunny. About five minutes ago, I heard the gully-washer hitting the house. CRAAAAAP. Ran outside in my underwear and socks to close up! Luckily I just treated the leather on Saturday, so it all beaded up and was easy to blot up with a beach towel or two.

This morning I replaced my driver's side headlight, only to have the passenger side light go out on my way home from work tonight. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing both at the same time.

Mounted ScanGauge to the wondscreen with modified camera mount, and cheap, used TomTom GPSabove and beside the rearview.

Click to enlarge

Wide view

Posted Image

ScanGauge

Posted Image

GPS

Posted Image

Bil :sun:

Can you reach the ScanGauge where it is?? I play with my SG's buttons almost every drive.

Can you reach the ScanGauge where it is?? I play with my SG's buttons almost every drive.

Not while driving, no. I'm happy to decide whatever display I want before setting off, then leave it alone.Safer that way for me. Also, it has to be far enough away that I can read it without removing my driving glasses.B :sun: Edited by bilgladstone

Finally got around to actually installing my angel eyes. I removed the city light plug, and plugged the angel eyes into it, behind the reflectors. Bonus simplicity for the DealExtreme angel eyes! I may have forgotten something else that I did recently, but I'm not sure...

post-4936-1282421778_thumb.jpg

Finally got around to actually installing my angel eyes. I removed the city light plug, and plugged the angel eyes into it, behind the reflectors. Bonus simplicity for the DealExtreme angel eyes! I may have forgotten something else that I did recently, but I'm not sure...

Interesting... do you mean just remove the city-lights bulb and the angel-eyes plug right into the socket? Easy-peasy!Bil :sun:

Interesting... do you mean just remove the city-lights bulb and the angel-eyes plug right into the socket? Easy-peasy!Bil :sun:

That's correct. I did actually pull the socket out of the reflector though, so that it was hidden in behind. Wires were routed through a hole in the side, around to where the city bulb socket was dangling in behind.EDIT: I really should have taken pictures of the process.These are the angel eyes I used. You can see the T10 "bulb" attachment on the end of the wires in the pictures. There's also a little plug in the middle of the wire so you don't have to make a hole big enough to pass the end through. Edited by FlossyTheSmart

Sweet, is your car in our 450 registry? So far I only have one Canadian scratch black car in there (and three numeric blues).

I had added it before, when it was still Stream Green (219773). Should I update it to scratch black? Also, as a side note, when I did a search for just numeric blue, I only got a result for what I assume is fortwo's car in BC. Are there 2 more waiting in the backlogs to be added?

Thanks, I have updated your entry.The online registry is way out of date, I have sent updates to Awesys but he seems not to be around at the moment to do any updates.The numeric blue cars are in Victoria (fortwo), Ottawa (FreepJam) and Guelph (car written off, not sure if any panels survived). Serial numbers:179820183643231279The other scratch black was diesel Dave's car, number 248115.I have all the up-to-date data, so one day it will be online.

I haven't heard if MBC finally destroyed the numeric cabrio that was sitting at Midtown. I still want its panels.

Panels came from smart-parts-direct. There had been a link posted a while back. I lusted after them for a while, then finally gave in.I'll make a new thread for these discussions...EDIT: For some reason I said Parts4Smarts. I meant smart-parts-direct...

Edited by FlossyTheSmart